Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Here's my AT RD07 on a "93" plate.

I think this was the best colours too in my opinion.

View attachment 43218
Could that be my first one apparently there were only 18 africa twins imported officially in 93 so there cant be that many uk models in that colour does the reg end in BKG

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts

Mine not too long ago - belly pan and crash bars also now black - was the old shell suit blue pink and green when I got it!

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I'm going to take a slightly different point of view here. I've had four @'s , two x RD04, a RD03 and a RD07a but I think I prefer Transalps :bom:

The problem with the @ for me is that I keep comparing them to my KTM 950 and to be honest they just don't come near it. I absolutely love the look of @'s but if I've got the choice I'd rather ride the orange beasty 9 times out of 10.

That's why I always seem to go back to a Transalp , for me the tranny is a different bike altogether and is the antidote to my KTM :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
As Bob I prefer the TA to the AT particularly the 650 it ticks the most boxes for what I want in an 'adventure' bike. I have had RD03, 07, 7A ATs & XLV750 bikes over the years and a number of 600 & 650 TAs.
The ATs were OK for me 10-15 years ago but the extra height of the AT and feeling of greater size are sufficient to make them less manageable for me now days. I enjoyed the AT when I was younger but riding them in recent years I have the feeling of ending up in a heap on the ground. The TA is low enough and feels lighter (though my TA650 & RD03 were similar weights) to give more confidence on poorer surfaces.
I hankered after my old RD07 when it was advertised earlier this month but fortunately it was sold before I had cleared enough space. If I had brought it I would have enjoyed it until I got into a difficult situation and think Ive been here before, that's why I sold it and got a TA!
The converse is true with the TA after I have sold one because I brought a 'something' I then think why did I do that, eyes bigger than brain!
The ATs I have owned over the years honda africa twins.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts
I agree that the Transalp has a special place. For me, the RD03 is the perfect blend. Lighter, narrower and more nimble than the RD07a....yet quicker, better-built and taller than a Transalp. Perfect! :thumbup:

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Keep to post guys - it's not a debate about which is best it's a show of ATs not TAs etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sohoeasy

·
Timid biker
186 Posts

Yet another RWB. Mine has non-standard blue fork gaiters, just because I liked the look. A Bridgestone Battlax on the front helps quell my instinct that the front will slide out at the merest hint of rain.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,026 Posts
Mine (my third), the day it rolled over to 100,000 miles, now sitting in the garage with a dead generator these last few years. It gives me a look every time I take the Varadero out which I try to ignore.

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Hey MUDD and Olionel - one extreme to the other!! love it!

21 - 40 of 372 Posts