Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
double good . :cool: I know Rory was huge in Greece that's where he played to his biggest ever audience and on a forum for his fans the most people to wish him a happy birthday were from Greece . as a long time Rory fan myself well over 30 years this has bought a big smile to my face thank you very much for sharing and a happy Christmas to you your family and all in the Africa twin club Greece :thumb::thumbright: anyone who fancy's a weekend of good Music and Drink and maybe even Sex with a lovely girl with a beautiful soft Donegal accent if your lucky :lol: in county Donegal . this might be the place to be . RORY GALLAGHER INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL 2016 Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal, IrelandThursday 2nd to Sunday 5th june 2016 - Welcome maybe stop off at blarney castle to kiss the blarney stone just outside Cork city to give you the gift of the gab to chat up the lovely girls in Donegal before you head up . :toothy9:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually Rory played on a concert some years after the fall of dictatorship here in Greece and there was riots with the police.
Older people who watched this concert still remember that concert.
Maybe sometime to be on Donegal concert .

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You guys are lucky to have had the opportunity to see Rory Gallagher in concert. He's a guitar hero.

But, wait. Didn't he die in June 1995? Or was it Zombie Gallagher? :D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I remember when the album defender came out my older brother who got me into Rory bought it it didn't leave the turn table for a long time . a great introduction is the 4 live album box set lets go to work if you can find it . I bought it about 12 years ago and lost it in the house for a while I was very sad over it then it re appeared . I was delighted to be reunited with my favourite albums I keep going back to it . I have to do some tidying and organising stuff in the house tomorrow I will give AC/DC a bit of a blast haven't played them in a while .

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Thanks for all the great posts Jokey

Hope you all have a great christmas and new year

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Sorry to be off topic, but I shall be in Athens in late May after my stint in Spain, Morocco, Italy and Tunisia. Is there any weekly/monthly Africa Twin meeting around Athens? if so, any date and address? Is Greek beer any good? ;-)

TIA

Lee

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Lee

We meet every Wednesday at Nakou 3 str Athens around 21:15
the exact point on google maps is (in street view is the left part of the building with the iron bars outside)
https://www.google.gr/maps/place/%CE%9D%CE%AC%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%85+3,+%CE%91%CE%B8%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B1+117+43/@37.9658717,23.7275024,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x14a1bd10f7c45d7f:0xae04718effb092f3

We would be very pleased to meet you and give you a taste of Greek hospitality along with some beers:happy7:
Sent me the exact dates and spare time of your present here in Athens and I will let you know.

cheers
Nick

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hi Lee

We meet every Wednesday at Nakou 3 str Athens around 21:15
the exact point on google maps is (in street view is the left part of the building with the iron bars outside)
https://www.google.gr/maps/place/%CE%9D%CE%AC%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%85+3,+%CE%91%CE%B8%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B1+117+43/@37.9658717,23.7275024,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x14a1bd10f7c45d7f:0xae04718effb092f3

We would be very pleased to meet you and give you a taste of Greek hospitality along with some beers:happy7:
Sent me the exact dates and spare time of your present here in Athens and I will let you know.

cheers
Nick

Hi Nick

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. I have no date set yet. I shall be leaving to Spain and Morocco on April 15th for 3 weeks, then to Italy and Tunisia for another 3 weeks. Crossing to Sicily, Italy and Albany around by early June. I shall be back in Paris to flight back to Montreal on June 15th

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I will be there next Wednesday. Currently still in Tunis and embarking to Sicilia on Thursday evening. Shall be in Palermo on Friday morning. Then to Brindisi area and crossing to Albania, then riding down the coast to Athens. Taking it slowly. Therefore, I will be at your weekly meet on Wednesday 25th. One week ahead of schedule.

If somebody could allow me to use their couch for that night, that would be great. Or maybe tell me where to get a cheap room with bike parking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts