Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put a Leo Vince exhaust (road legal) end can & pipe to do away with the cat converter on my TA 700v would anyone know if it would still pass the emissions test on an MOT. Thanks:p

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
My 03 TA650 had the car removed by previous owner. Never been mentioned at MoT.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Bikes are not emission tested, that is why we do not get cheaper road tax.
This info came in a reply from the government.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
No emissions test but my tester said they have to be inspected to make sure the "not for road use" markings are not evident. Why he does this with a file in hand I don't know as mine is a leo as well and never had a problem the last two times it passed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anther confirmation about no emissions test.... the place I take mine to prefers if you stay and help him do the MOT, and have never had an emissions test carried out... in reference to the exhaust... my tester says that as long as it has the 'E' mark or equivelent stamp on it he's not bothered... and even (simular to what btbloke says..) suggested that if I was to get a can which says 'not for road use'... then just put a sticker or plate of some kind over that bit so he can't see it.... as he states that they are not aloud to be pulling anything off the bike, or removing panels etc... so if he can't see it, he can't fail it..:thumbup::thumbup:

Based on this, even though he is about 5 miles away from where I live, and there is an MOT place less than a mile away... I always take my bike to him, cos i know it will pass with all the (not quite road legal) mods I've done to my Alp;);)

Titch:nike:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anther confirmation about no emissions test.... the place I take mine to prefers if you stay and help him do the MOT, and have never had an emissions test carried out... in reference to the exhaust... my tester says that as long as it has the 'E' mark or equivelent stamp on it he's not bothered... and even (simular to what btbloke says..) suggested that if I was to get a can which says 'not for road use'... then just put a sticker or plate of some kind over that bit so he can't see it.... as he states that they are not aloud to be pulling anything off the bike, or removing panels etc... so if he can't see it, he can't fail it..:thumbup::thumbup:

Based on this, even though he is about 5 miles away from where I live, and there is an MOT place less than a mile away... I always take my bike to him, cos i know it will pass with all the (not quite road legal) mods I've done to my Alp;);)
Titch:nike:
thanks for the info:thumbup::toothy8:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts