Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new aftermarket exhaust for my rebuild.

I tried something I bought off ebay a while back but it was really really loud.

Any suggestions for ones which wont shatter the neighbours eardrums or break the bank?

Cheers

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am looking for a new aftermarket exhaust for my rebuild.

I tried something I bought off ebay a while back but it was really really loud.

Any suggestions for ones which wont shatter the neighbours eardrums or break the bank?

Cheers
Which model is the Alp? I decatted my 700 and kept the standard silencer. Sounds much " healthier" now and has a bit more low down power.

Nick.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nick

Its a 1987 600

The old one was shot to bits and went on the skip a long while back so I do need a replacement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for those. I had see that laser one before, it looks a bit brown/yellow in the pictures and might not go with my nice new black frame and shiny parts.

The other one looks good although the pipe looks a bit long, I am being a bit picky here I know.

There is a Fuel one on ebay

Honda Transalp XL600V Slash Polished Stainless Oval Mini UK Street Legal Exhaust | eBay

Which doesnt look like it comes with a length of pipe to connect it, but i am sure I can get hold of something.

Anyone have any idea what sort of noise levels this might be?

There are others on there which state ".... + dB killer" I am guessing these will be noisy?

The one I bought previously was called megatron ( I guess the name says it all really). I added a baffle thing, then loads of quilt wadding stuff and it still shook the windows of the house!

·
Registered
843 Posts
You can get different length cans - Try googling: transalp 600 exhaust and see what takes your fancy....

I've fitted a Delkevic can to my TA 650 and the length (short, medium or long) depends on your taste and if you have pannier racks. With the bolt-on DB baffle tube inserted it sounds much like standard, without it it allows a pleasnt light burble - nothing othing too offensive or causes unwanted attention. Heck it's all relative and it's not as loud (or close as musical) as my Firestorm with Moriwaki race cans that sets of car alarms. As an experiment even without an silencer on the transalp it's not that loud.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does a GSXR exhaust bolt right on to then TA as well? Believe I have heard of that being done by some in the past.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got the Laser one on my 600
Bought 2nd hand for £40 off ebay 2 years ago,
it was as quiet as the stock system,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
still is if you can ignore the rattling from the loose baffle,,,,,,,,,,,,,:thumbleft:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
stick with an original honda exhaust. looks much better than any aftermarket one, and will increase the value of your bike

keep it original

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can't argue with that tbh,
but mine didn't have the original when I bought it,
and the total lash up it did have had rotted through,,,,,,,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the replies.

The purists are probably going to hate me as I am ditching all the fairings etc and going for the street tracker/scrambler look, and an original exhaust wont look right.

I have removed the top box bracket/shelf so I want something which doesnt come past the end of the seat.

I will have a better look at the Delkevic different size options as they seem to be quite reasonably priced.

Possibly a stupid question, but does a shorter baffle mean more noise?

·
Registered
843 Posts
"Possibly a stupid question, but does a shorter baffle mean more noise?"

Do you mean baffle or can? as baffle is a tube that is inserted into the silencer can outlet and reduces noise and is optionaly fitted with the Delkevic. (mine passed MOT without one fitted)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...fle-Trackday-DB-Killer-Silencer-/181998437390

Shorter length of can will will be 'louder' as there's less volume for internal baffling.

Problem with using original exhausts esp. the can and linkpipes is that they rot unless the bike is kept garaged and used only on sunny days and stored up over winter.

Stainless steel aftermarket replacements are readily available at a cheaper price than OEM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, yes I did mean the can.

What length can is yours as that looks ideal for my needs.

Looking on the Delkevic website the angle and the bends in the long section of pipe look different to yours.

This is a picture of the 350mm version as it seems to tilt the can upwards a bit and push it back past the rack

https://images.delkevic.net/product8672_3.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts