Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a long shot:(

When you buy aftermarket hand guards (wrap around type) you get two sets of fixings with then, 1 for thin walled bars i.e. like standard AT type bars and you also get a smaller dia fixing to suit thick walled bars such as Renthals. Its the bit that slips inside the bar that I need i.e. the 2 small round bars with a angled cut.

I had a spare set but can't find them for the Renthals I have!!

Anyone who has fitted a set of these may have the spare set laying around?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Bit of a long shot:(

When you buy aftermarket hand guards (wrap around type) you get two sets of fixings with then, 1 for thin walled bars i.e. like standard AT type bars and you also get a smaller dia fixing to suit thick walled bars such as Renthals. Its the bit that slips inside the bar that I need i.e. the 2 small round bars with a angled cut.

I had a spare set but can't find them for the Renthals I have!!

Anyone who has fitted a set of these may have the spare set laying around?
I had the same problem with my renthals used the spare set on my gasgas. Cheapest way is to go to you local hardware store and get some 8 or 10mm (depending on what you have bar diameter) Rawl bolts for about £0.80 each remove the bolt. Put the bolt through the hand guard then into the bolt bang them into the handlebars and tighten them up. They hold in place alot better than those internal sliding aluminium things that come with the handguards

·
Registered
56 Posts
I should have a couple of sets of them somewhere in the garage, I'll have a look to see if they are still where I left them tomorrow.

CM

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have a couple of sets of them somewhere in the garage, I'll have a look to see if they are still where I left them tomorrow.

CM
Thanks for the replies, the rawl plug sound a good alternative if you can't find the origibal ones.

Many thanks guys

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got an address mate as your in luck :thumbup:

CM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts