Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
Joined
·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1 Decal sets

Mark is getting these priced up and will come back to us when he has the figures. Prices being sought for various packs. The packs agreed on will be the format used for future years.

2 Payments

Barry has sorted out paypal on the website. When it goes live Tom will contact paypal to ask for the fees to be waved as it's for charity.

PHIL - can you confirm paypal links directly to the TLD bank account. Those not able to use paypal can use direct bank transfer.

3 Website - esp riders page setup

Russ and Barry are storming with the graphics and website setup. Once up future years will only require tweeking. The riders section will be divided into regional sections. The route and riders book will be password protected, riders getting the password when they pay for their decals, thus becoming confirmed riders.

4 Hi Viz

We're not getting involved in anything HiViz other than to suggest to riders it may be a good idea in the event of a breakdown on a rural french road. Mark has clarified there is no legal requirement to carry one in France.

5 Publicity

Previous publicity attempts over three years have not generated any riders or any money for us. To investigate getting a write up in MAG, use the previous outlets as the charity may be appealing, and ask on the forum if there is anyone who specialises in this that can give us advice. To link to Facebook account so all will get updated on developments as well as heighten awareness for sponsorship.

6 French Crew - GOG were is Faulksie???

The French guys will be riding under the TLD Banner. Decals can be adapted by Russ to reflect their club, in association with xrv TLD. Faulksie is invited to the planning section and has access to the planners section.

7 Recap where we are with route/eurotunnel/accommodation/timings/etc

Campsite near Blackpool being investigated as it's bike friendly. To work with the French Connection re suitable campsites or bunkhouse set up near the Eyefull. We will try and get an agreed discount for riders - this will work as riders identifying themselves as part of TLD event when booking to get the reduced price, rather than us dealing having to deal with codes.

Mark dealing with Eurotunnel and will keep us updated.

Tom will investigate charges of other sites like justgiving to confirm justgiving is the best value for the charity - if so the justgiving website will be set up by Tom once the website is live.

8 AOB

Next meeting to be advised.
 

·
bigtrailie admin
Joined
·
4,710 Posts
1 Decal sets

2 Payments

3 Website - esp riders page setup

4 Hi Viz

5 Publicity

6 French Crew - GOG were is Faulksie???

7 Recap where we are with route/eurotunnel/accommodation/timings/ etc

8 AOB

9 Donations towards DC's new Triumph 800XC:rolleyes:

That's a draft agenda above - add on whatever you think we need to discuss at this stage but keep in mind we should try to stick to a 45 min max for the meeting otherwise things start to ramble.
sorry this is supposed to be serious isn't it :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,168 Posts
First off apologies. I'm down south and it's been a mad week but on the upside I'll be on a plane during the call so you will be free from my interference. :hitler: Please don't lose sight of this years mantra of making this affordable for all to take part and with that in mind can I urge you to keep things simple and the entry costs realistic. There's not a lot of cash around (unless you happen to be high up in the banking industry) so it's imperative we put as few barriers as possible in peoples way to taking part.

Decals.
I like whoever's idea it was to supply a windscreen one and a couple of numbered side decals. Any other decals can be generic unnumbered ones and sold via the shop if a rider wants more. Artwork gets my :thumbup:

Payments
They are all big boys and girls and more than capable of doing basic things like room / campsite bookings etc. so again please don't fall into the trap of creating overcomplicated processes under the banner of simplifying something that for the user is already a doddle for them to do. If they aren't capable of booking (and paying) for their own room and crossing then they probably won't have the gall to get to the start. As I've said before I don't want anyone here being out of pocket (again). I know the block book tunnel thing is rearing its head again but I'm really concerned you won't get 30 payments this far in advance so more negotiations may be necessary. Keep at them Mark :thumbup: but it's worth thinking about a contingency plan.
paypal sounds good but remember the cut paypal take and I think this can be quite high (relatively speaking) for small value transactions. I know the more you sell the less you can pay (in stages I think) so it migh be worth seeing if the XRV shop gets a better deal that we would.

Website wise It's looking good. make sure the whole thing stays based round a decent CMS and that way it's futureproofed and updates can be done quickly and without techies. Good job for this and the roadbook Barry :thumbright:

Hi-Viz. I cant remember if these were part of the pack last year or not. I'm not suggesting they should be but if not it would be interesting to see what the demand was. To date I've only seen one of them and that was on Barry a few weeks back. No one at the national I saw had one. I seem to remember there was an order direct form the printer option and I suggest that could be used if people want one and that way we don't have to carry double postage costs or hold stock for something that may not be wanted.

Publicity / French crew
No comments.

AOB
Only to say (and for what it's worth) I'm really impressed. You guys are just getting on with doing the necessary and that's to all your credit. Let's keep this momentum up and make this the biggest, most inclusive TLD to date.

Thanks :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
 

·
Senile member, who r u ?
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
the conference bridge is all set up and ready to go

if you want to check you can get in this afternoon please feel free just try not to stay on the system any longer than you need
Cheers for this Ian, is it posssible to stick up the number and access codes, I know you did before but I can't remember where (its an age thing !)
 

·
Senile member, who r u ?
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Just received this from Faulksie.

Hi Mark

thanks for update, have checked out and had a good read though the hidden planning section, I'm impressed, you have a good team and good forum and website. Unfortunately I do have previous arrangements this evening so wouldn't be able to join in on the conference call, please pass on my apologies to the rest of your team. In saying that, there is probably not much that I could contribute at this stage, other than, yes we ( Myself and BCFr Admin Team ) are very keen to promote, take part and do whatever we can to help.

In addition to doing what we can on the French side, I'm sure I can contribute some help and advice with the French side of your members ride and will comment as and when I feel there is a need to.

I haven't a clue how many of our members will join in, but we do have lots of members on both sides of the channel and am sure that this will be very attractive to them.

I've been a bit tied up this last couple of weeks, but will now move things forward with the admin folk on BCFr.

Regards

Ian
 

·
A Scotsman....
Joined
·
773 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
Joined
·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did you all get on the conference OK?
Fantastic - worked really well .. and very productive. Cheers Ian :thumbright: We won't abuse the facility or your hospitality :D Seriously, at the output rate of Mark, Barry and Russ, we probably only need one more meeting lol.
 

·
A Scotsman....
Joined
·
773 Posts
1 Decal sets

2 Payments

3 Website - esp riders page setup

4 Hi Viz

5 Publicity

6 French Crew - GOG were is Faulksie???

7 Recap where we are with route/eurotunnel/accommodation/timings/ etc

8 AOB

That's a draft agenda above - add on whatever you think we need to discuss at this stage but keep in mind we should try to stick to a 45 min max for the meeting otherwise things start to ramble.
is anyone going to put a summary of the meeting up....... Tom :thumbup::thumbright:
 

·
Senile member, who r u ?
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
is anyone going to put a summary of the meeting up....... Tom :thumbup::thumbright:
Err !
Bazza is think of moving to Liverpool ?
Russ wants a conservatory and new Triumph ?
Mark was drinking white wine ?
Mark Bazza & Russ were smoking tabs ?

Then Tom turned up :confused:
 

·
A Scotsman....
Joined
·
773 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
Joined
·
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Err !
Bazza is think of moving to Liverpool ?
Russ wants a conservatory and new Triumph ?
Mark was drinking white wine ?
Mark Bazza & Russ were smoking tabs ?

Then Tom turned up :confused:
As usual Mark is way ahead of the game - job done :D:D:D
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top