Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting an airhawk. Just wondered what size people would recommend for the tranny? Thankyou please!:blob2:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
I have the largest cruiser type and it works well on the varadero.
Would think that the medium would be fine on most bikes

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I just bung a sheep skin on me seat and call the bike Conan:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I invested £10 in a sheepskin from 'Lambland'....works well but the dye tends to run a bit when wet, which is OK if you have black trousers but gives a brown stain around the arse region if they're beige - a little unfortunate as it gives the impression of some over zealous cornering!

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Putnams if you want value for money (see my product review) came across if on a BMW heavy site (don't shoot)
But if you have the cash, medium should fit (remember not everyone gets on with them, and I hope your legs will still be long enough to reach the ground :D)

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Putnams if you want value for money (see my product review) came across if on a BMW heavy site (don't shoot)
But if you have the cash, medium should fit (remember not everyone gets on with them, and I hope your legs will still be long enough to reach the ground :D)
Good point Shack the airhawk does reduce your legs a little, it also means I get a little more buffeting over the screen- this was acceptable for the comfort.
I looked at the sheepskin option but as the bike lives outdoors and is ridden each day and left out in the rain while working I could imagine the mess it would be in- would have to book it in for a wash and blow dry every few weeks.

I only put the airhawk on when I am doing long runs otherwise it lives in the topbox.

There are 2 versions of the airhawk. The most expensive is supposedly repairable with glue and patches.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I invested £10 in a sheepskin from 'Lambland'....works well but the dye tends to run a bit when wet, which is OK if you have black trousers but gives a brown stain around the arse region if they're beige - a little unfortunate as it gives the impression of some over zealous cornering!
Nice! Enduring image! Might try the ol lambskin before forking out for the hawk. Wheres Lambland?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point Shack the airhawk does reduce your legs a little, it also means I get a little more buffeting over the screen- this was acceptable for the comfort.
I looked at the sheepskin option but as the bike lives outdoors and is ridden each day and left out in the rain while working I could imagine the mess it would be in- would have to book it in for a wash and blow dry every few weeks.

I only put the airhawk on when I am doing long runs otherwise it lives in the topbox.

There are 2 versions of the airhawk. The most expensive is supposedly repairable with glue and patches.
The shortening of the legs would work in my favour! The buffeting wouldn't increase as I've taken my tall screen off for that very reason. I just cop it in the chest now with the small screen! Might try the sheep skin 1st tho.

·
Registered
37 Posts
www.lambland.co.uk - based in N Devon and available online. White or black available at £11-99. Certainly a cheap alternative and cosy to sit on in your tent as well, but beware the black dye running when wet! I fix mine with a simple webbing belt from a pair of 'Craghoppers' which runs under the seat - quick and easy to remove.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
www.lambland.co.uk - based in N Devon and available online. White or black available at £11-99. Certainly a cheap alternative and cosy to sit on in your tent as well, but beware the black dye running when wet! I fix mine with a simple webbing belt from a pair of 'Craghoppers' which runs under the seat - quick and easy to remove.
Thanks tigerjohn I will give it a go. What product is it exactly? The nearest I could find in price was the pet rugs for £12.99.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:sign3::sign3::sign3::sign3:
Thanks tigerjohn I will give it a go. What product is it exactly? The nearest I could find in price was the pet rugs for £12.99.
Ignore that last post. I have found what I'm looking for! Now pass the beer!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Best bit of kit l've bought. Better than a gel seat, can move it from bike to bike. Medium seems to fit most seats. Just put a very small amount of air in it, dont blow it up too much. You'll find you can ride all day without getting numb!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That’s the problem I would have with fitting sheepskin also liable to get some chav git nicking it when the bike is parked outside work.
But I can’t afford an Airhawk so what other options are there???

http://www.lambland.co.uk/shop/sheepskin-pads-p-1191.html

Also if I went the cheaper sheepskin route firstly how would I attach it to the seat and secondly surely it would be like sitting on a sponge if it rains on the bike while it's outside so you end up with a wet arse?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts