Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Sorry Kjell, but this time, that looks pants!
Tank too small to rest of bike.
Traillies looking but with shorts shocks.
Actually, as an Airhead lover, I'll go further..... It's horrible!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
my brother had a Husqvarna chainsaw when I was a child I used to love using it I was only around 10 or 11 at the time . if you even considered letting a child of that age near a saw now you would locked up :lol:

shit looking bike by the way lovely tank just not on that bike air heads need the big stock tank do them brat style café style what ever but for the love of God leave the tank and paint it black old Bmw racing colour even Reg Pridmores bike looked bog stock and it was a weapon they look fine out of the crate very hard to improve them I say . God dam hipsters :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Tz4mu78O8

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
the second one looks better it gets 2 votes me and the big lad my woman and small lad prefer the first bike . as good as it looks it wouldn't be practical for my needs I need a top box for my bits and bobs i am more interested in function over form these days as much as i like the old airheads and if i came into some money i would definitely buy another one and keep it stock but it wouldn't be practical for me to run one as every day transport so an old Transalp suits my needs easier bike to live with .

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That just dont look right with that tank.
My brother has a 76 husky and would love to buy that tank off you as they are as rare as a honest politician..
This one is for sale in Denmark for 49000kr which is about five grand.

139880713_906_1024_0_0_0_0_2.jpg

·
Registered
376 Posts
I like the both the ones Kjell posted but not the black one, has too much of a BMW look!! lol. I would go as far to say that I would genuinely like to own the 2nd BMW, I think it looks great!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
That just dont look right with that tank.
My brother has a 76 husky and would love to buy that tank off you as they are as rare as a honest politician..
This one is for sale in Denmark for 49000kr which is about five grand.

View attachment 80377
getting better my R100T was stock in white and looked way better i sold it for 1600 euro about 4 years ago it was in good enough order it wasn't charging right i changed the diode board but it was still not right i just threw in the towel . i regret it now it was a pure joy to ride handled like it was on rails and doing 40mph in top on a summers evening on a quite country road with no arsehole stuck to the taillight was pure bliss the sound off the engine was chill out music .

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well, this would be my conversion if starting from an R100 ;-)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
hear is some more hipsters . can you be a hipster on a stock Transalp ? hipsters are pretty cool they make good little movies but I think you have to ride an airhead ? and maybe there is a cut off point I might be too old I don't mind I was probably a hipster 20 years ago on my matt black shadow 1100 I had a big old beard jet helmet plastic framed glasses with a tint ahead of me time I was :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm0_UOiSqKA

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Not just yet, but if I decide to sell, You'll be amongst the first to know.
My younger brother picked up a Husky 500 with serious mechanical issiues back in the 80s.
My dad made a new crankshaft for him being one of those toolmaker chappies working nightshift at Vauxhall.
My brother spent 20 yrs trying to fix this bike and ended up buying a fiberglass copy tank from the USA and I am certain he would love to buy the tank if you have a price in mind.
I believe Steve Mc Qeen loved to mess about with these bikes in the desert.
23969_376673049004_4025831_n.jpg

Hvis du vil germe af med den der tank ,call me :D:D:D

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
So, I'll buy any Airhead, remove the seat and stick a plank on it. Buy some knobblies and put a smaller headlight on.

Right, bike was £1500 to £2500... I think I'll now ask for £5000.... MANY flew over the cuckoo's nest :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts