Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I like the flat tracker style of bike. It's a style I would love to be able to build. The detail is what matters to me. For example, the failures of the one with the red tank are the miss match between the seat tank join and keeping the pillion pegs and associated bracketry that spoil the detail.
The first one (with the small tank) has too many un used brackets and fixing points that should have been removed as part of the build, leaving it looking like a Bitsa Special!
Last week there was a German registered airhead tracker at Douglas in the Isle of Man. The detail was exemplary, and the bike looked fantastic.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So, I'll buy any Airhead, remove the seat and stick a plank on it. Buy some knobblies and put a smaller headlight on.

Right, bike was £1500 to £2500... I think I'll now ask for £5000.... MANY flew over the cuckoo's nest :rolleyes:
The worst is not that the sellers asking prices are in the region of £ 5000, the worst is that there are buyers willing to pay such prices.
My mates R90/6 was sold over the phone for £ 3500 and now lives in the U.K.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
No, not the BMW with the Husky tank.

Mine is a bog standard R75/7 that might or might not get a winter modification.

This is mine:

https://www.facebook.com/100008443390561/videos/vb.100008443390561/1519770354981063/?type=2&theater
that's lovely as it is be a pity to alter it with its history and all still intact . I think its probably worth big money to a collector of vintage police and milatry bikes . I would love an ex Italian police moto guzzi with the police wrote on it in Italian a blue one while looking I found this 1974 Moto Guzzi Eldorado - SOLD - Scrambler Cycle what ever about modifying a standard bike . I seen a lovely 1983 R100RS in white with the fareing removed and 54000 miles done go for £1200 on e bay uk a couple of days ago . so still possible to pick them up for reasonable money

21 - 24 of 24 Posts