Registered
1,887 Posts
Re: Herr Flicks home coming tour or another German invasion

V R intewested :hitler:

mine hair :D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I hope we are not going near that village Ausfart - I keep seeing the signs but can't be bovvered to go there. :withstupid:
We went looking for it but never found it. Loads of signs guiding you off the autobahn and then it goes quiet. :)

Who says the German's don't have a sense of humour?

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Nice one snaphappy,forgot about that one but unfortunatly a bit out of the way for us:( unless we do it on the way home

cheers
What route do you have planned, coming from Calais and taking the obvious route to Kiel you have the choice of the A1 to Bremen then over to Kiel or the Hannover route.
The Hannover route would take you through Hamlin (Hameln) pied piper town and a fair few timber beam cities like Celle it would also put you on the northern fairytale route from the Brothers Grimm

Deutsche Märchenstraße - Startseite
Fairy Tale Road Homepage

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We are doing a stop over in Holland,hoping to meet up with some of the XRV lot from there and then go the Bremen route.On our way back we will be going past Hannover but as its a long riding day i doubt we have time to stop

·
Registered
9 Posts
I fancy that trip. Are we talking 30th July into first week of August as I already have that week off and I will go anywhere to avoid the DIY my wife wants me to do.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
HI, as long as it is not earlier than the 24 July then very interested. What kind of miles are we talking about each day? Count me in!
That depends on how close the nearest off licence is :)

Not many truth be told. Last year I think Vader did about 70 miles over getting there and back and that was in 10 days :) We did a good bit more as we had four days playing up at the dams.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
HI, as long as it is not earlier than the 24 July then very interested. What kind of miles are we talking about each day? Count me in!
Well once we at our destination not a lot. Last year our daily beer consumption was higher then our fuel consumption.:)We tend to do a bit of sight seeing,stopping for food and drink a lot. I would say 100 miles a day or so. Just going to be a couple of long days there and back

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
As the others said not a lot. The organiser has been quoted as saying "it's a holiday on a bike not a biking holiday" I think there were a few days last year when the bikes never moved except to go to the shop for supplies.

It's not planned, you could always do your own thing as well.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Re: Alan's secret squirrel tour

Yes, definitely interested Pete.
Does anybody know how i could get these routes onto Mapsource or onto my Zumo??:confused::confused:

Mopedmap.net - Your bike routes online
Click the particular route you are interested in, on the right-hand-side a description appears and an icon labelled "Gps export". Click that an select "GPS file (.gpx)". Save or open it in Mapsource.

Because it's a track log you can't easily download it to your GPS. And even if you did manage to do it I believe you will told "Arriving at waypoint x on right" every few hundred metres. I recommend you load the tracklog into Mapsourde, and then create your own route using only a moderate number of waypoints.

I've had a go at doing that; attached View attachment 13774 below. It's a bit rough and ready so you might want to refine it.

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts