Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Motosport XL250 K1
141 Posts
Hi Guys,
Nothing to do with trail bikes but I hope somebody can help. I have just bought a Deauville and it came with all the toys including a Honda Averto alarm. The alarm works well but apart from using the right hand button to disarm it when I want to ride it I don't know how to control the other functions. So how do you put it into service mode to wheel it about, etc.. I lifted the seat the other day and had the neighbours out thinking that somebody’s smoke detector had gone off. I managed to kill that off eventually by trying various combinations of buttons but I am not sure what I did now.

[mod: please use the for sale forum]
Regards
Mike

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
if its like my old datatool you turn the ignition on, then press the right button for two seconds till it beeps then its in service mode (and has a bloody annoying beep every ten seconds. in the end i put a hidden switch in the power wire to the alarm.)
you should be able to download .pdf instructions either from honda or averto, or a forum somewhere?

·
Motosport XL250 K1
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Davsato. The Datatool one on my NX is different in that you press the left button to put it into service mode so that you can wheel it about. The NT gives a little squeak if you bump the machine and when I took the seat off it started the alarm straight away.

Any more ideas? Somebody out there must have a bike with the Honda alarm fitted.

Cheers
Mike
P.S. Moderator, I wasn't trying to sell my bike on here, if I want to do that I will put a notice in the for sale section.

·
where next?
508 Posts
Cheers Davsato. The Datatool one on my NX is different in that you press the left button to put it into service mode so that you can wheel it about. The NT gives a little squeak if you bump the machine and when I took the seat off it started the alarm straight away.

Any more ideas? Somebody out there must have a bike with the Honda alarm fitted.

Cheers
Mike
P.S. Moderator, I wasn't trying to sell my bike on here, if I want to do that I will put a notice in the for sale section.
The left button on the datatool alarm fob does not put it into service mode. It simply disarms the motion sensor in the alarm system. So it's useful for wheeling it about or parking on a ferry deck. However, the alarm is still armed and will sound if you try and turn the key in the ignition. The alarm is put into service mode in the way that davsato describes and I believe I'm right in saying that if you press the button again, it gives a less regular, but still annoying beep.

·
Motosport XL250 K1
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are of course correct, my mistake. Is this how the left button works on the Honda alarm? I guess I will have to try it.

Ride safe
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts