Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just popped into my local Aldi and they are selling biker stuff and i bought one of their magnetic tank bags for the A/T,it seems to fit quite well and it has the plus of side securing straps that i've run down to the engine bars to secure,it's not the biggest in the world but it's just a handy size for my upcoming Europe trip and it comes with waterproof cover all for £12.99.:thumbup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's almost disposable at that price,i just found that it has a little pouch bit in the top under the clear plastic for a sat nav with a hole for the power lead.:smile:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
hear it is https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-8-mar/product-detail/ps/p/motorcycle-tank-bag/ good on you for the tip grasmear59 :thumb:

I cut a piece of a black t shirt to put between my magnetic lidl bag and the petrol tank to save the tank getting scratched . I find it is inclined to move about with a bit of weight in it but I just got the idea right now to bungie cord it to the engine bars when needs be . the map pocket is handy I have an ordinance survey map of Ireland for the past 13 years great detail in it its spring bound and well used but still going strong it lives in my tank bag inside a pannier . it is very handy being abel to pull over and have a quick glance at the map on the tank while exploring the countryside .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Seen them in aldi today,15 euros here,I have an oxford first time magnetic bag,think its 38litres expanded,maybe a bit big on the transalp,I bought the aldi pants but I'm going to return them,just don't fit right and the liner isn't removable,
has anyone tried Akito desert pants? I wonder where the akito stuff is made,prob China like everything else these days!!
might pick up one of the tank bags if there's any left,the magnets on the oxford bag are bigger though.
I think there might be bike gear coming to lidl soon as well going by other years,aldi seem to get them in first.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think there might be bike gear coming to lidl soon as well going by other years,aldi seem to get them in first.
Last week in Lidl

·
Registered
265 Posts
i got the bag yesterday, seems a nice piece of kit for the money. nice tip about fastening to the engine bars, never thought of that!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was scratching my head as to where to attach the straps to untill i looked down at the engine bars :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts