Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my first Transalp 650 (2001). The bike is generally sound but needs a bit of tidying, as you would expect of a 19 year-old bike.

I have discovered that all four of the plastic fairing mounting tangs/lugs are broken off. This wasn't obvious when I looked the bike over. I am surprised that I didn't notice any fairing movement on the ride home after purchase. Presumably they are there for a reason, though, and my concern is that their absence may be placing greater stress on other mounting points, which will lead to their failure.

I guess I am going to have to cobble together an alternative method of securing the fairing at the broken mounting points. I doubt I am the first person to have encountered this problem and I am wondering how others have dealt with it (and whether they might be happy to share some tips).

Many thanks.

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of this stuff!

The lugs are gone but it looks like you can effectively remake them with this stuff. Briliiant.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe worth looking to the car panel world for some ready made or adaptable clips.
If you're handy, something maybe able to be added to or filed to fit using that plastic glue.
These clips are useful for sidepanel pins, the one's that push into the oval O rings..some filing is necesary, but they work very well when bonded to a flattened off base for the pins. See photo..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts