Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

New to this site as I have only recently acquired my Transalp. Have put a posting on one of the other forums looking to hook up for rides etc. Any of you guys been to NZ? Would love to have my machine back in Queenstown, no traffic, fantastic scenery (I think I'm talking myself into going back). Anyway, if anyone is in Chester or heading this way let me know. Anyone who is thinking of going to NZ too I can pass on some tips.

Keewee AL

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
hello and welcome keewee :hello2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hiya! Based just up the way in liverpooool. Always happy to hook up for a ride or two. Heading to the northwich thundersprint on the 7th May, and the BSB at Oulton Park on the 1st may if you fancy it. Been to NZ, loved evey minute, shame i didnt have access to a bike at the time......

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Northwich thundersprint

Hi Quarryman

The 7th sounds good to me, off to Newcastle this weekend (on the train) and will get in touch next week. Have a good easter all

Keewee AL

·
Senior Moment
255 Posts
keewee said:
Any of you guys been to NZ? Would love to have my machine back in Queenstown, no traffic, fantastic scenery (I think I'm talking myself into going back).
I've been to New Zealand, and was thoroughly seduced by the place. If it wasn't for family ties I'd be living there now.

BTFOOM why anyone would want to move from NZ to the UK!

·
Registered
78 Posts
no probs, can send you details next week

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi keewee, I was in queenstown a couple of years ago and loved it, the closest I got to riding was a horrible quad. The roads looked great for transalps; gravel, big bends, fantastic scenery. I was glad I hadn't taken a bike when we tried to get from Hokitika to Christchurch on the last day of our campervan hire and had to go via Blenheim because of heavy snow!
I'll be going to the North Island in june and was thinking of buying some gear ( great exchange rate with the euro), I know outdoor stuff is great value from my last trip but is bike stuff cheap in NZ? I know Auckland is a long way from Queensland but do you know of any decent on-road clothing dealers?
If you're ever across the water to here let me know. We've got great roads here too (apart from the potholes, pissheads and penalty points), and a little less traffic than UK.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
keewee said:
Hi there

New to this site as I have only recently acquired my Transalp. Have put a posting on one of the other forums looking to hook up for rides etc. Any of you guys been to NZ? Would love to have my machine back in Queenstown, no traffic, fantastic scenery (I think I'm talking myself into going back). Anyway, if anyone is in Chester or heading this way let me know. Anyone who is thinking of going to NZ too I can pass on some tips.

Keewee AL
Hello mate

is yours the dark red one that is often parked opposite the falcon pub outseide jessops???

i work in chester on mondays and tuesdays so if you see a R/W/B AT with a bloke in a black and yellow jacket and silver helmet - giz a wave!!

alternatively i'm in a red beetle - either way you will hear me coming!

Z

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
quarryman said:
Hiya! Based just up the way in liverpooool. Always happy to hook up for a ride or two. Heading to the northwich thundersprint on the 7th May, and the BSB at Oulton Park on the 1st may if you fancy it. Been to NZ, loved evey minute, shame i didnt have access to a bike at the time......
whassa thundersprint????

·
Registered
78 Posts
Z,
The Thundersprint is bascially a timed race around a car park circuit in Northwich - from classics to superbikes, its well worth the trip as its FREE and rammed with bikes. I have marshalled in the past, but won't be this year. Leading a club ride from liverpool down the A49 to northwich on the 7th if you fancy hooking up. details of the thindersprint are http://www.thundersprint.co.uk/.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a few of you have been to NZ. I get quite a lot of comments about why I'm living here, I'm not mad really!! Will be heading back to NZ in a couple of years - Its not a bad spot to return to.
Not sure of any clothing dealers in Auckland so have e-mailed a friend who is up that way - where is Cobh anyway?
My Transalp isn't the one by the Falcon, haven't bumped into the owner. mine`s a grey 94.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
keewee said:
Sounds like a few of you have been to NZ. I get quite a lot of comments about why I'm living here, I'm not mad really!! Will be heading back to NZ in a couple of years - Its not a bad spot to return to.
Not sure of any clothing dealers in Auckland so have e-mailed a friend who is up that way - where is Cobh anyway?
My Transalp isn't the one by the Falcon, haven't bumped into the owner. mine`s a grey 94.
WHAT? never heard of Cobh, of all people?
Cobh is a small town in Cork, Ireland that was, believe it or not, the original Queenstown , the name was changed to its older name after independence. Some odd types still call it Queenstown though.
thanks for your efforts on my shopping trip.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I have heard of Queenstown in Ireland, somehow linked with the Titanic if I remember rightly.....I have a website address for a bike shop in Auckland it is www.motomail.co.nz .Nice to hear from you Mabel, get yourself over there. I'm sure you will love it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks Keewee,
any info is good,
Queenstown was the last port of call, and we've been living of it since!
Really looking forward to the long white cloud, After today's performance of Munster, I'm very hopeful of Ireland giving the all blacks a good run.
that's the reason for our trip
By the way seeing as there isn't a Welsh or English team in the Heineken cup any more do any of you have spare tickets that you don't need any more?.........

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Make sure you give yourself as much time as possible in Queenstown.Loads to see & do.Call in to Off Road Adventures at the bottom of Shotover Street, they do tours or can advise you.The guys name there is Dennis.Take a look into Skippers Canyon, you can easily spend a day in there on one of the most amazing roads in the country.Genorchy/Paradise is worth a look too & if you have time head over the Nevis trail which comes out at Bannockburn (near Cromwell). Did you say give the All Blacks a good run? Too true..running past scoring tries :lol: sorry no tickets for heineken cup.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
We'll see.........
I'd love to see the all blacks play great rugby, and for Ireland to win on the same day.
seriously, I've got loads of respect for the all blacks, but they're not invincible,
1978. Thomond park.
Sorry to say that we won't be going your way this time, time is a bit limited (old age approaching ), we're sticking to the north island.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts