Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
If you do stay there let me know, I pass marble arch in my bus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Never heard of the Hotel. That street is used by a bit of traffic trying to miss any hold up on Bayswater Rd (Don't let the little'uns off their leads:)). It's OK, just busy after rural France for les enfants.
Seems very reasonable for that part of town.
Strong Arab presence around there because Edware Rd is 'Arabia'....they're OK.....they can afford to live there so not many messers.
That street also runs off of Connaught Square, where Tone lives ...nice and handy for Edgware Rd and the representatives of the 100 million Arabs he p!ssed off (advisors eh!:D)
Should be quiet though....I think it might back on to the Tyburn Convent..Silent order dedicated to the (finger?) of one of the Tyburn Martyrs...they used to kill them just about there.
How long are you there for moon?
Parking is expensive....or are you hiring from around the corner?
Any problems....I'm around from late afternoon to late from Tues to Sat.
Soho is down by Oxford Circus.
Have fun...It'll remind you why you moved to France...Great place to visit though.:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you like curry and fancy splashing out, there is a place called les Porte de indes behind the giant thistle hotel at the marble arch end of Oxford st. It looks like nothing from the street but you go underground 2 levels and it is massive with tropical rainforest and waterfalls, etc. they have that cobra in a black bottle with a cork in the top. Bit pricier than a normal curry but a hell of an experience!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If your leaving from Marble arch make two hours to allow for the traffic :thumbup:
Mind you it could take up to six if there's another jam like the last two we have had

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
If you're over here you have to make a detour to Bristol. I have more than one bike if you fancy a ride :toothy10:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Moon !! I've got such a good memory, guess what I just remembered ? ............... I just remembered I forgot something ! :D:D Your Opera music. When are you in town , I can drop it round to you. There's a resident parking bay outside Tony's house. I can park the outfit there just to annoy him (and his protection team).:thumbup:

The hotel looks fine to me, not a problem area (like some) and not like Marseilles either (there rich here :rolleyes:) . Bit busy on the Bayswater road but I doubt you'll even want to walk that way anyway. Send me a PM if you'd like my number.

Oxford ? 75min to 120min +30 mins for any propp'a snarl-ups. :)

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry people, been out of the loop for a few days, thanks for the info, I knew you lot would come up with the answers. Unfortunately our trip has now to be shelved, or at least put on a back burner for the time being. We really want to visit my parents in witney (they ain't getting any younger & we don't see them often enough). Problem is that they live in a wee flat & we're 5! despite my sis living nearby, our kids are still a bit young for us to be in one place & them in another (the twins anyway...). The problem, as ever is cost, it's not worth driving all the way over there for a week end, the cost of driving up + the crossing + lodging is simply prohibitive for us at the moment. (se could have a weeks half board in morrocco + the flights for the same price as the travel costs to the UK!

Looking at hotels & such they're not any cheaper in Witney or oxford than in London & we have more family in London & Mrs Moon would like to go shopping etc etc...

Anyway, we'll start trying to put some dosh away, though having to replace the car (don't buy renault!) isn't going to help, & maybe next year .

Thanks anyway,

MooN

1 - 9 of 9 Posts