Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supreme UltraMuppet
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of the stock/OEM panniers (plastic Honda ones) and am planning a hard trip so am considering larger and stronger ally panniers (as seen on the GSers).

Does anyone have these fitted to their bikes? Could I possibly see some photos of the setup? And does anyone know if it is possible to reuse the mounting frame from the Honda panniers with the ally panniers?

Cheers,

Leigh

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
got these on mine....if it helps I can send u a picture of the racks....

·
Supreme UltraMuppet
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta very much - would appreciate a photo of the racking as well :)

Regards,

Leigh

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Ta very much - would appreciate a photo of the racking as well :)

Regards,

Leigh

Welcome to the XRV Leigh
The oem pannier rack doesn't work with any of the Ali panniers.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
here it is.....welcome btw

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
lots on here have the ally panniers, no i dont think you can use the original honda racks because they are a strange shape tucking under the exhausts.

the oem clamshells are good but i would prefer ally boxes, much easier to pack. you could make or get made a flat frame that bolted to it? but to be honest it would be easier and stronger to get some proper pannier frames, or use givi frames and use those.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got any pics of those Trax boxes from the rear? I'd be interested to see the overall width!

Any probs with water leaks in those boxes? I heard the early ones leaked at the corner caps. Hopefully they've since addressed this problem in production.

Good looking set up BTW!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Here's mine, if your not worried about expense get these. They are cheaper than the Touratwat ones and have the advantages over the Touratwat ones in the fact that they lock to the frames from the outside. So when your lovely heavy Varadero needs to go up onto the centre stand they unclip a lot easier and the contents won't get wet like the Touratwat ones as they have to beopened up an undone from inside

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Here's a photo of mine.

The panniers are no longer available to buy - Transenduro, but the frames are -Hepco and Becker Q/D frames. Not the strongest but removable between uses.

Sent from my iPhone with tapatalk.

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
Late to the party here been away for a bit but back now.

I have the H&B panniers as pictured in the earlier post. Had them for years and found the frame good and strong. I would say the catches to attach them to the frame are not the strongest and I've broken about 2 sets so something to bear in mind.

Fool proof solution to this now is para chord and a good lashing. I had the misfortune to break both catches in Poland and the para chord solution did me for the rest of the trip and back again and I've not bothered to put new ones on since.

Oh and I have the top box to go with that - it's old and battered but hammers back into shape nicely. It did leak a bit in the end so I've put that clear plastic stuff you used to cover text books (paper books used in school before compooters) with - also prevents alu oxide dust getting on stuff.

·
Registered
924 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts