Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no... no accident... went to an offroad event this weekend and did the beginners tour... what they call the beginners tour.
Let me put it that way: The tour were I f*cked my rearshock two weeks ago wouldnt even qualify as warmup for that. Alone the the 8kms to the gas station were interesting. At the beginning I thought.. ok first nice little ride to get there... but let me tell you I was wrong. And I do know now that there exist gravel roads and gravel roads. First 8kms were a mixture of fist big stones and sand roads. And we took it slow - like beginners do.... so about 45-50mph :D... Did I mention that I went there with my 650 alp? I probably dont have to tell you that I reached the end of suspension rear and front more than once...(dont want to know how it would be with the original springs and rearshock - both replaced with Wilbers - rear even prolonged one inch). It is great when you didnt see it coming and the full impact lands on your feet... that hurts. Luckily that only happened twice. All the rest I could manage via knee/thighs.
Anyhow overall it was round about 80kms offroad and 30 onroad. I was surprised how well it went apart from the fact that the bike is still too small and my back hurts due to that.
the guys two weeks ago told me what mistake I made when riding in sand and yesterday it worked really well. Never dropped the bike. But Hank is slightly dirty right now.
And I was really happy that my mechanic didnt listen to me and suprised me with a 140 Mitas offroad tire instead of the Heidenau I ordered. Was the right decision.

·
2,701 Posts
Great stuff :thumbleft: . . . . . . as they say, . . . . no pain . . . no gain. :rolleyes::D

Which Mitas tyre did you fit.?

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
I found iI lost loads of weight Off Roading on the XR650 but doing it on the GSA 1200 is a totally different pain.:D:D
Keep it up it hurts less and less every time you go out, drink some sort of hi energy rehydration drinks while doing the rides and you will recover much quicker.:thumbup::thumbup:

And I bet you had a laugh.:D:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The first time I did off road on a bike I hurt for a eek after in places I did not know existed.

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know for sure which Mitas it is, looks like a E09.

Losing weight with offroading is one thing I hope for as well. Definetely need to lose weight... but am on it. Slowly but it is heading the right direction.

@sharribee: The first scratches hurt... but after a while... :toothy10: just get the proper color and you dont see them no more. But without crash bars I wouldnt do it either.

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3h trial.... everything hurts again.... including two broken toes.. (but didnt happen there, happened before). I need to workout more.

Gonna go fetch some coffee and some magnesium, calcium and all that kinda stuff now... ooooouuuuuuuuch. Anybody here to give me a proper massage? Anybody? :D

oh and btw. The weekend before I went to a two cylinder meeting... with a little bit of offroading included. Went with my brother in law and his 1150gs. Some heavy raining before = MUD... :D
He dropped his bike and I didnt... hehe... now we are even.
He was the first guy I ever went offroading with and at that first try I had my one and only really bad off. But thats now a year ago.

Pain still there... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts