Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to Morocco in April and need to get some Panniers for the Transalp, have been looking around at various makes all of which seem well overpriced.
I noticed the Alpos boxes are a bit more like the price i wanted to pay and wondered if anyone has got them and what they were like? any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I'm off to Morocco in April and need to get some Panniers for the Transalp, have been looking around at various makes all of which seem well overpriced.
I noticed the Alpos boxes are a bit more like the price i wanted to pay and wondered if anyone has got them and what they were like? any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
I have just bought a set of the 41L boxes, they are not as well made as the Zegas but then they are not as pricy. I think for the money they are excellent.
I know Pigugly has a set, it was because I saw them in use at the National I decided to get them.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
I had a set fitted to a 1200GS and they were very good. Excellent value for money. I had the SW Motech frames which I thought were brilliant because they're easy to remove from the bike.

Oh they take a bang very well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Hi SuperNintendo Chalmers
248 Posts
I have had a set on my baby dero,

as said bellow not as thick as Zegas, but mine have not leaked and still in once piece,

droped the bike trying to pick my glove off the floor, bent the pannier slightly, i just hammered it back out its fine now :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Mam, my neck ave gone ard
74 Posts
Try these. http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30404

I bought a set on the strength of this and had them mounted them on TT racks. They seem to be nice and strong (haven't crashed them yet) and they are waterproof.
If you are near Cambridgeshire ride over to see Roger and he will fit them for free.
When in April are you off to maroc, me and some others are there for a week from about the 11th or 12th.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help Guys, I'll have a look at the ARD cases as well.

And to answer Bodysurfers questions we'll be in Morocco at the same time as you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts