Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the gurus please. I found this Facet pump: "Facet FEP04SV Posi-flo Electric Fuel Pump 1.5-4 Psi Includes Clamps fittings"
The psi is 1.5-4 and flow is 25Gph. Will ot work as a replacement to the oem pump?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
The link below is an option as a replacement, A good kiwi made fuel pump. I have been running one of these on my Africa Twin for 4 years and NO problems, It is a way tidier replacement than the Facet. The good thing is if you cut the mount off it is the perfect diameter to slide inside the existing rubber pump mount. Alternatively just go to a car parts supplier and hunt around for one the right diameter, running a pump rated at 4-5 psi is NOT at problem. The one I fitted to my previous A.T was designed for running four barrel carbs on V8's and I never had a problem with that either

The pump you want is part number 015
Piston Pumps

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
467 Posts
Just to say that the Facet 40105 pump on my AT is still running fine after 10 years and 44,000 miles of use. (note to self - must get the repair kit for the OEM one I still have)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In conclusion, the pump I asked about (Facet FEP04SV Posi-flo Electric Fuel Pump 1.5-4 Psi ) must be kind of popular among the petrol-heads, as it was not available at any of the shops advertising it. I ended up buying a FACET 40171, which is a form/fit/function replacement of the 40105 but with a silver housing for a few ZAR more. Started fitting it with the best intentions, tore the rubber mount using the cable-tie method and ended up tightly wrapping the pump with a strip of inner tube, and squeezing the whole lot over the 2 mounting plates...not the result I wanted, but it's functional, won't come loose, hopefully not overheat and thankfully not spewing petrol out of the carbs. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts