Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For many years I have used AutoRoute for route planning, saving, sat nav, and the ability to transfer the saved route to my Garmin. My current version is 2010 and I thought I'd treat myself to a 2016 version only to find that it was discontinued in 2013. Microsoft suggest using Bing maps, which is fine for searching for a single destination but not for multiple and for saving. What is available out there that do the same or similar to AutoRoute, it doesn't help that I'm a bit of a luddite with computer type gadgets

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I am still using Autoroute 2004 but as I cannot download routes easily from it I just use it to find a 'best' route then draw that route on Tyre then memory mar or memory map direct if no internet available. The old version works to do that, but of course you cannot find recently constructed estates so its back to Google.
Used to use the DOS version until my PC's stopped having a floppy drive, ran very quick on then modern (ish) machines and gave an option of 5 routes.
I also would like to find a similar program that does not require an internet connection for Google (or similar) maps.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
but tyre requires an internet connection for google map doesn't it?
I already use tyre to convert some gpx files into a gpx format that Memory Map will read.
What I am looking for is an offline program as Autoroute.
It appears that Memory map 6 has a route finding capability according to the blurb on the website https://www.memory-map.co.uk/2016-os-landranger-1-50-000-hd-gb-usb anyone used it?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saturday bump for further ideas, updates, replies to Dod's question :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts