Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,

I'm getting some Aluminium panniers for my 'Alp and was looking for some advice on size and which rack to use and how to mount them.

The seller offers them in a standard size of 500x190x350mm but can change dimensions to suit I'm just waiting to hear back from him, but I was having a look around at other manufacturers panniers and they seem to be wider, taller and not quite as long 430x230x380mm seems like a reasonable size, but will 230 be too wide? I plan to leave them fitted to the bike most of the time so need a good balance of useful size vs not too being too wide/big.

I will also need a rack to mount them to, the Givi racks seem well priced but are they strong enough for Ally panniers, and has anyone fitted them with a Fuel exhaust?

I'm thinking of a mounting kit like this Pannier mounting kit Pannier 15 mm - Pannier racks - Luggage - Vehicle equipment | Touratech Ltd but may have a go at making something myself or look for something similar but cheaper.

Any advice/opinions on the sizes, rack and mounting would be great.

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have givi racks with a remus exhaust and 450x350x200mm ally panniers on my 600, the racks are plenty strong though they could do with a cross brace between the sides to reduce movement.
I knocked up my own mounting, it could do with a rethink though.
My combination of rack and pannier mean the panniers are slightly wider than the bars.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GlennMcD, I think I'll go with 200 wide then I did think maybe the 230 would be a bit too wide. I've just had a look at Heavy Duties their stuff is very reasonably priced as is there shiping to the UK so I may go with them for the racks and pannier mounts.

Have you got a pic of your panniers on the bike? It's hard to visualise the size of them on the bike with just a tape measure.

Cheers

Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts