Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wheels that were so shiney and new last year have suffered from lack of TLC.

Took a Dremel to the rear and it polished up pretty well but you can still see bits of pitting.

Is there anywhere that specializes in polishing or otherwise removing the surface oxidisation?

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I guess that is a no them!

Seriously though - wire wool elbow grease and a finishing off with Solvol autosol generally works well

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Not the wire-wool!!!! my rims were pretty sweet until the snow came this winter.... she was blocked outside for 2 weeks, when i finaaly got her back in the garage decided to gently remove little salt deposit stains from the rims using wire wool. ALL OK until it rained, my rims turned brown and all the ****e worked into the tiny scratches left by the wool, i would love to re-rim them but i know the wheels are in top condition apart from the cosmetic scratches. decided to spray gold to match spare rear. before you start riding in the wet.... GET IT CLEAR LAQUERED!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the warning!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have to admit I thought they were laquered as standard...oh well... polishing will keep me out of trouble...:rolleyes::D

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
Use brillo pads - the plastic green ones - green meanies I call em with autosol and then some finer metal polish. Takes ages but works well and not as harsh as the wire wool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts