Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like cruisers.

I like dual sports, super motos, and TL1000s's. However, I also like Guzzis and there previous inclinations go out of the window!!

I've just seen a Moto Guzzi Bellagio and...(gulp)... I like it!

In my defence, it apparently goes well, stops well, and handes well. Just not on dirt.

Do I need to be "re-educated"?

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I saw one a couple or three years ago and liked it as well - like you don't know why really but there is something about it.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have seen a couple on my travels and it does look nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
i like Guzzis full stop , they just exude the right kind of cool

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Guzzi's are sweet... think it must be its V twin sticking out like the way it does. V7 is still the one for me .... one day

·
nunquam scienter utilis
665 Posts
Just saw a Bellagio at work yesterday. it wasn't very old, but it was rusty. The paintwork was fine - indeed polished - but all the chrome, and fastenings were well rusted, and the engine casings looked decidedly furry.
Pity really, 'cos as you say, it's a nice looking bike.

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
I wanted a Guzzi and a Nevada 750 1995 became available.
It was comfortable, had great torque and handled superbly.
The concensus was that the big block engine were the best; T3, Le Mans etc.
I eventually exchange it for a T3.
Now, the T3 was very nice, but like a lot of things, following the trend, for me at least, was not the best.
I still, even today, rate the Nevada as SUPERB.
A lot of 'real' bikers would probably poo poo the idea of a Nevada, but try one; it looks like the Bellagio has a similar ride.

·
17,680 Posts
true and that stelvio still look real nice to me

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I think you need to go away and have a word with yourself, is kind of retro cool though:cool:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well personally I think you are ill , and you should go and flog yourself , wear sack cloth for a month and probably have a bit of a lie down too...

Probably .

Maybe .

A bit.

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
There's rumoured to be a bigger version of the V7 classic on the way, witha version of the Bellagio motor.

It's "only" 207cc more capacity than the V7, but it's the big block -- the descendant of the old le Mans models. Arguably a nicer, more characterful engine than the modern 4 valve big blocks (though I've never ridden one of those personally).

It would be an altogether beefier bike than the V7, though that's not necessarily a good thing. The small block is only 48bhp but the light weight and handling make it a blast (imagine wedging a Transalp motor into a 250 road bike chassis).

Clearly I need one of each...

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I borrowed a Le Mans one weekend and it was a blast.
I parked it up and the following day it would not even start, took the front cover off the engine to check the points and all the bits fell out.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Ok I wasn't going to do this as I believe it might be classed as unsuitable for young impressionable minds and those who may be infirm but here is another bike I have - now is that sex on wheels or not!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299785556.585613.jpg

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299785697.934899.jpg
That's better bigger and better quality photo!

Before anyone asks - £1500 on eBay then swooped forks for USD Paoli ones again eBay £150 - bit if machining and they fit - it's a brute and totally nuts but I love it!

·
17,680 Posts
:toothy3::toothy3:
View attachment 11030
That's better bigger and better quality photo!

Before anyone asks - £1500 on eBay then swooped forks for USD Paoli ones again eBay £150 - bit if machining and they fit - it's a brute and totally nuts but I love it!
could somebody pass the tissues please:toothy3::toothy3::toothy3:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts