Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a LWB Fiat Ducato and everyday this week I've had to make a tight righthand turn off the main carrageway into a small back lane (about half inch each side of the mirrors), To make the turn I have to go tight to the nearside kerb to allow for the lock on the van,
So I've been slowing down and indicating right good and early to warn following motorists of my intensions, Then postion the van close to the kerb to make the turn, still with my righthand indicator on I check my righthand mirror before committing to the turn. And everyday some stupit Bas***d has over taken me including the numpty this morning flat out on a scooter about 2" of the side of the van.

FFS

:blob6::blob6::blob6:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
run em off the roads ! twats !!!:D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
I know it's old fashioned, but wind your window down and stick your right arm out as well as indicating. It really does make people look twice and that's what you need.

Works even better on a bike when you've got someone up your chuff, usually you see a cloud of tyre smoke in the mirror.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
now put your bikers hat on.
your riding along behind a van which indicates right and pulls over too the left, what would you think????

correct. bloody t**** has put the wrong indicator on.:D if you are very experienced rider / driver you would hold back untill the van had definately stopped the less experienced would try to pass.

yens idea sounds well worth a try.
or approach from the other direction and cause more chaos.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Still Not Dead.
148 Posts
now put your bikers hat on.
your riding along behind a van which indicates right and pulls over too the left, what would you think????

correct. bloody t**** has put the wrong indicator on.:D
Nail, meet hammer :D

I think you've got it there. Other slight variation might be "see van pull left, briefly notice indicator, assume van has put hazards on and is just stopping, start to go round...".

(Because as we all know, putting your hazard lights on makes your vehicle completely invisible and lets you park anywhere :roll:)

I'm not saying that they are in the right - they are not in the slightest - but that might explain it a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts