Votes: 6 11.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent started a poll in ages so thought I'd kick one off for this - as it's early days feel free to sabotage or add more but lets start getting some ideas down on paper and tidied up a bit - there may be some we can discount from the beginning and may be others worth looking at in more detail - my own feeling is that by the end of the national in sept we should know what we're aiming at so people can start planning leave, saving money, getting things organised, raising sponsorship etc etc.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
The "Chase the Sun" looked interesting.

Mudwiz's idea of a route (almost) completely off road sounds great...not sure it's practicle..given types of bikes/riders/skill/fitness etc......

It has to be a fairly uncomplicated thing AND it has to grasp the imagination if it's for charity......

I would guess people would want to do whatever it is from start to finish rather than just taking part in some stages, although distance marathons can become dangerous beyond a certain limit....

Easy really....:confused:....I'm sure this will be a short simple thread...:D

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Just a suggestion...given our track record on polls I wouldn't start one until all the options have been offered....Or have they....:confused:

Choices 1 and 2 would be good....oops...I've started already....

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
chase the sun sounds like a fantastic idea,
merv

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a suggestion...given our track record on polls I wouldn't start one until all the options have been offered....Or have they....:confused:
I'm sure they HAVENT - but we might be able to elimate some options early on as being too long, complicated, no doable for most, too expensive, not challenging enough for a charity idea etc thereby making the final selection a bit smaller and more manageable.

We can do a second poll then. Or a third for a runoff ... cor, I love Polls me :D

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Chase the Sun is a good one.:thumbup:

Lowestoft to Pembroke is 377mls, £78 for the ferry and then on to Kerry (Waterford ??) easily done in a day.:D

Roadbook could be compiled and all the paperwork that was produced (Brilliantly by the way :thumbright:)for TLD could be done again. Block booking on the ferry with a mention of "Charridee" may bring the cost down a bit.:rolleyes:

Yep, I'm up for this one (well, any of them really :D:D)

I take it we (XRV) are staying with MacMillan Nurses as our charity.:rolleyes::thumbup::D.

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts

Choices 1 and 2 would be good....oops...I've started already....
Stop yappin and get your bike fixed.:sign5::sign5::thumbright:.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I take it we (XRV) are staying with MacMillan Nurses as our charity.:rolleyes::thumbup::D.
Why in the name of all that is good an holy did you have to mention that now :D:D:D:D

Don't you realise that's another whole months worth of polling, argueing and fighting :D:D:D

I for one would have no objections if we did however :thumbright:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
I take it we (XRV) are staying with MacMillan Nurses as our charity.:rolleyes::thumbup::iconbiggrin:.
Stan...I thought the " Ill Disciplined Cab Driver Society " might be a good cause......

OK...I'll try to go to work...Laters :rolleyes: :)

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Why in the name of all that is good an holy did you have to mention that now :D:D:D:D

Don't you realise that's another whole months worth of polling, argueing and fighting :D:D:D

I for one would have no objections if we did however :thumbright:

Macmillan are superb anyway and to have an adopted charity stops all the confusion.:rolleyes:

Cabby, you're barking mate :D:D (see you soon bruv :thumbup:)

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Chase the sun sounds good, but cant remember what they all are about so will have to read back before voting. The one Im def against is a relay one for the reason not everybody is together at once, and I think its good to all meet and share the experiance at the same time.:)

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
Just to plug the Coast to Coast - the challenge will be the types of bikes we're on. (Well, not me, but......) Its a sort of 2 day blast, North York Moors, Pennines, Lake District. Do it in 1 hit. We've done top to bottom, now do side to side, 'cos its shorter - no roads!!

North to South? Been there, done that, now for East to West.

That said, I also really like "Chase the Sun".

:D.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i like them all :D as long as i can afford them at the time which if i have something to aim for i'll be able to :rolleyes:

I like mudwiz's idea but would NEED crashbars then and to get hold of some tkc's or similar :toothy5:

I don't mind :D hope that helps :rolleyes::)

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
I just SO wish I could get involved in this!

I've voted anyway but on the grounds of what someone said earlier on, to catch the imagination of the public it needs to be a clearly defined, easily identifiable route & start & stop places. (chase the sun)

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
To try and make it financially viable to as many people as possible - can we add the following to the poll? :thumb:

'East 2 West' - Most Easterly Point to the Most Westerly Point of Mainland UK

(Lowestoft, Suffolk to Grigadale, Highlands - approx 550 miles)

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.