Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been trying out the michelin's new Anakee 3 yet?

I've just bought a new rear anakee 2 and put in storage as I noticed they seem to be getting increasingly harder to find since the launch of its replacement. I'm not convinced that the Anakee 3 is a true dual purpose tyre but looks a pretty competent pattern if you see it as a road tyre imho! Perhaps its a continuation of the theme where road biased "improvements" are being introduced?

It's very typical of what we see in some of the dual purpose bikes too such as the Transalp 600 becoming a more road biased 650 and then on to the current 700 model which doesn't even have fork gaitors/21" wheel? It seems to me the tyre manufacturers are matching the developments of the bikes?
Personally speaking, I love the look of a TCK 80 pattern on the Alp and would use it if it wasn't for the fact it wears out faster and that road grip is obviously comprimised which is why I think the anakee 2 pattern is a nice mix. The road performance without the trailie looking like a supermotard!

The new Anakee 3 does nothing for me in looks I'm sorry to say! :( Anyone else wanting to put 2p worth of opinon? :p

Kmac

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
I agree with you, I think dual purpose bikes look better with dual purpose tyres on, but many owners don't off-road so want maximum grip/wear, etc.

My bike is currently wearing BT45's, they may be fantastic tyres but just don't have the look for me.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have the Anakee 3's on my bike. They are Road tyres with deep tread for the grip on gravel tracks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just hope that Michelin doesn't regret "retyring" :rolleyes: the anankee 2 pattern as I think its a better all rounder and a true dual tyre

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Anakee 1/2 was hard to beat as general purpose trailie-looking tyre that could even deal with a bit of light offroading. Great wet-weather tyre too.

Lately I've been doing the K60 Scout thing, which has surprised me by being not just a lot better than the vanilla K60 but actually pretty good. Hard wearing, grippy, not deadly in a shower and looks the business.

But I'm still a bit sad to see the Anakee go, I was about to switch back to them when my current set wears out, but guess not then.

·
Administrator
1,780 Posts
Well I'd like to try the Anakee 3, if it becomes available in 650 TA sizes. I'm very happy with the Anakee 2s I have at present (2nd set) - a little better all round, in my opinion, than the Distanzias I had previously, and much better than the Deathwings that were on it originally. But I don't really ride offroad- a gravel car park's about my limit- so a more overtly road-biased tyre should suit me very well.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Anakee 1/2 was hard to beat as general purpose trailie-looking tyre that could even deal with a bit of light offroading. Great wet-weather tyre too.

Lately I've been doing the K60 Scout thing, which has surprised me by being not just a lot better than the vanilla K60 but actually pretty good. Hard wearing, grippy, not deadly in a shower and looks the business.

But I'm still a bit sad to see the Anakee go, I was about to switch back to them when my current set wears out, but guess not then.
Why you taking your tyres into the shower??? Cant you ride in the rain like everyone else:toothy1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts