Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of pictures of a little "off" that a local car driver had recently . . .

Can you tell wot it is yet?

This shot shows the front section away in the distance . . .

And, would you believe it, the driver & passenger walked away un-scathed :roll:.
I suppose being stoned/piszed helped keep them relaxed!

What was really scary for me though was when I realised the time that this little "off" had occurred . . . . . I was on my bike, on that road just 5 minutes in front of the idiot !

Keep yer eyes peeled out there folks, they are all around us!

Steve T

:cool:

·
Austin's Son
190 Posts
**** a duck, that was some impressive damage! It wasn't a cut and shunt was it? (I think that is what you call 2 different cars being welded together)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
And all within 200yrds of a distillery! Just up the road from Linkwood Distillery, the farm in the shot is Linkwood farm. Aye, a sad state of affairs, is that not within the 30 speed limit there Steve? I know you can't get that much speed up from the distillery, well, at least I would slow down in case of meeting distillery traffic.
On a more sobering note, a friend of ours was badly hurt in the crash which blocked the Rothes/Elgin road today. Ash hit a car pulling out of a driveway with his Fazer, unfortunately his girlfriend was on the back, Ash has a broken leg and shoulder, Ruth has spinal injuries, not good, just youngsters.

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charlie

Not a cut & shut as far as the feds can tell - just an excessive speed/wall interface induced seperation of the front & rear sections of the car :D

Craig

Yes, it does look like it fell off of a cliff doesn't it :thumbup:

Jim

Correct in your plotting of the event. It was, indeed, within the 30mph limit. The car was driven approx 300m into the restricted speed area when the driver lost control, hit a wall edge which split the car in two. No idea of what speed the tube was doing, but he slowed down pretty quick once the wall got in his way.
Sorry to hear about your freinds - hope they both recover fully.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if that car had been a ringer with two chassis(es) welded shodily together and resold.... to an idiot that drinks and drives....

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Looks like it was more than a little over the said speed limit.
I saw one similar 8 years ago, the car hit a tree two minutes before I got to the area, the tree was 5 feet from the bus stop. I heard the crash while sitting at the previous stop. Part of the car ended up in the garden of the flats on the other side of the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts