Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My local bike pub landlord was chatting to me the other day and the thought occoured to me that we could use his services some time.

Pub based in Attleborough, just near Snetterton so decent access to the rest of the country (eg 1 hour to Cambridge) yet close enough to the coastal roads for a nice day out on the bike with chip stops.

The White Lodge, Attleborough

He has a field at the back for tents, basic camping facilities, Pub and Grub with the possability of live music if theres enough on the nite. May even be all foc as he is obviously after the drink and food money.

Maybe other more knowledgeable locals could plan an off-road ride round Thetford - not my forte.

Whats your thoughts??

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Good idea. Please try to pick a date when I'm free. It would be such a nice change to have an XRV event locally!

I've done a couple of rides in Thetford Forest with Anton88 (not challenging).

Perhaps Sunny Hunny on the Sunday to ee all the poseurs?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
distance wise this would be perfect if I manage to squeeze a ride in this year...had to cancel all the others I had planned to attend....:-(
The area looks great and I would love ot do it if the dates fit with my endless family probs!
I would certainly be up for it
Ty

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
once my bikes back on the road, i'd be happy to help with some of the trails around thetford - not too challenging but great fun :thumbup:

plus as you say, not to far from many local attractions and some v good fish and chips and beer/ale :toothy3:

would be good to make a meet of it if your landlord would be happy with 100 xrv ers in his field :happy8:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Yes
When
:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
when your final drives fixed :argue:

Hows it goin LV ? - hope bmw get it sorted for you.

Some weekend some time this year ?? still getting my bike serviced (long list of jobs to be done still :mad: but gettin there

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
when your final drives fixed :argue:

Hows it goin LV ? - hope bmw get it sorted for you.

Some weekend some time this year ?? still getting my bike serviced (long list of jobs to be done still :mad: but gettin there
Well NO:rolleyes:
Looking at plan B at the Mo:(
But i will have A bike soon(i hope:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about a weekend in August - nothing in the calendar yet so shouldnt clash with anything - say 14/15th?:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
sounds good...I have to see how it fits in with kids and stuff....

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I think myself and Jamped could be persueded;)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay - I will ask about provisionally booking Aug 14/15th and making sure theres nothing else happening to clash with it.

Numbers arent an issue but I will check with him - possability of other local events at Snetterton meaning camper vans on site but otherwise if we did need 100 spots he doesnt have any issues with that.

I will then bump this post every now and then and get an entry in the calender to get bookings with more to follow closer to the time.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will check again with the landlord as u hadn't heard back and forgot myself.

Wot sort of numbers would be able to make either 14/15th or the following 21/22nd?

Just checked with Terry and as long as we eat and drink in the pub (no carryout beer) and have 25 heads min then he will get some sort of music for Sat nite, camping and entertainment foc.

Fri nite?
Sat nite?
Both?

Coast run Sat and Thetford Forest Sun AM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
I can't make it but it sounds a good venue for this years xmas meet seeing as no one has started organising that yet.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
I'm still interested, but...

I can't do any weekends in August I'm afraid (I'm already camping elsewhere every single weekend - a barbecue, a wedding, a trip to France and an event in Hampshire).

September's already looking busy (one weekend away with work, one a birthday party and two weekends when I'm off on my bike to France).

Anyone keen on October? That might give you enough time to get 25 people to commit.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Cant do any of the dates in August but October sounds good to me:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not many about for Aug I reckon, maybe look at October as suggested as it's not too busy on the calendar.

15-17th October.

Maybe a single, day out for Anglia Region?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
YEp octoberwould be good for me too, quite fancy a weekend down there......can I book dry weather now please :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts