Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad old fart that I am, I just sat down and worked out the mileage I've covered on the bikes I either own or have owned this year.

250 Scooter (daily commute machine) - 3563
BMW F650 (youngest sons bike) - 350
XT225 - 481
Transalp (given to eldest son earlier this year) - 1712
Fazer - 2998
AT #2 & 3 - 6581

By my maffs, that totals out at 15,685 miles, and the years not over yet :D

Go on, tell us wot you've done this year! :thumbright:

Steve T

:cool:

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
My Transalp rolled over to exaclty 8000 miles 365 days since I first bought her, plus I've done about 500 on Miss Ravens YBR 125.

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did 4500 miles this year.. just mucking about..
4500 miles is not mucking about - it's advancing your skill and knowledge of motorcycling :D.

Great start to your new m/cycling career - ace bike and plenty of miles - top man :thumbup:

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
. up till summer I only had the transalp. Even with 5 months off the bike I managed to clock 13,000 miles on old Twinkletoes :D
And now yer pins better, you'll be racking up even more - respect Sharri, respect :thumbright:

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We should have a competition to see who gets the most next year!
Next year - - - I haven't finished with this one yet. Snow or no snow, I'll crack 16k and creep as near to 17k as I can.

All those miles and i still haven't visited all the distilleries north of the border :rolleyes:. At the last count the Mountie, meself plus A.N. Other have visited 60 so far - loads left to visit - might have to carry on into 2009 though :D

G

·
8000 since the middle of may and didnt have the bike for 6 weeks of that !!

Smetimes question whether I really do need a car at all !!! (Except on those very very cold morning commutes !!) :thumbup:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Passed my test in May and so far done 4000 miles on the Tiger, 1600 on the KLR and 300 on the the Dominator, and riding in the frosts of the last two weeks has given the muscles that control my butt checks a right good workout :D:D:D

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
8000 since the middle of May
Nice going that man . . .

Smetimes question whether I really do need a car at all !!! (Except on those very very cold morning commutes !!) :thumbup:
Cars????

SWMBO has one of those that I use when I need to move the dogs around when out chasing pheasants and other feathered critters! Other than that it's a bike, every day come rain or shine. Though I have to admit I did wimp out on a weekend run to the Borders weekend before last, -10 degrees C and freezing fog. Just didn't seem safe to me :rolleyes:.

Saying that, I did ride the old TA back from Aberdeen 3 weekends ago through 5-6 inches of snow. Not cold at all, just nice and slippy, allowing one to push the rear wheel out sideways with a little use of the throttle :D.
I'd post my most recent pictures of the TA in the snow, but being a tightar#ed Welshman, I've not subscribed :D

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Steve as a Welshgirl I can honestly say its a £10 well spent. Also you don't need to be subscribed to post piccies if you host them somewhere else such as photobucket or smugmug then all you have to do is copy photo location and paste it here in your post, then type
after that text and the photo will appear.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts