Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...adding another 600+ miles to the beast. What a machine, I love it! :cool:

Long Motorway blat up to Ashby on Friday night, then straight out on the lash. Up Saturday morning feeling extremely healthy, some medicinal coffee and bacon sangers then off up the twisties to The Cat & Fiddle between Buxton and Macclesfield.

Me on the Vara, Steve (ex AT owner) on his Yamaha XTX660, his Uncle Dave on a gleaming Triumph Thruxton and his mate Billy on a deceptively fast little Aprilla RS125.

The Cat & Fiddle run is a great great road. My only complaint being that it's too short, so on getting to the end, we turned round and did it in the other direction and back to Buxton for lunch!

After that we headed onwards and took in the Snake Pass, which although not as twisty as the C&F, held some fabulous sweeping bends and an almost racetrack smooth road surface...plus it's a much longer ride. We cut around the reservoir, pit-stopped in Bakewell to pick up a couple of tarts (;) rude not to) then headed to Matlock for a coffee break and to look over the hundreds of bikes that congregate there on a weekend.

Saturday night was another alcohol-fuelled blur, and Sunday saw us head for home. Punched "Home" into the TomTom Rider, then selected "Avoid Motorways". What an awesome feature! It took us along some amazing roads, smooth and for the most part very very empty save for a few bikers. The weather was perfect, little thatched villages passed us by until we eventually stumbled upon Silverstone. Rude not to have a pic there then!

Then just to round off a thoroughly unhealthy weekend we headed straight for Rykas and a big Sunday Lunch Burger and coffee! Good to see Lord Vader there too for a quick catchup!

Ahhhhh, gotta love the weekends! :-D

·
Hill Rider
3,105 Posts
Bet you didn't realise you were on "Radar" in that Snake Pass photo - little black box on pole below signs = fed speed radar unit. It does vehicles in both directions, speed wise, no pictures or nothing, they just use the data to try and justify putting speed camera everywhere.

Just thight I'd mention it.

:cool:

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bet you didn't realise you were on "Radar" in that Snake Pass photo - little black box on pole below signs = fed speed radar unit. It does vehicles in both directions, spped wise, no pictures or nothing, they just use the data to try and justify putting speed camera everywhere.

Just thight I'd mention it.

:cool:
Oooh! Never noticed that!

Probably just as well we stopped then! Although I guess if there's one there, then there must be dozens along that road.

Sneaky bastages :D

·
Hill Rider
3,105 Posts
Around us up here in the north east of Scotland they tend to leave the mounting brackets in place and just move the radar about the different sites - so keep yer eyes peeled for said brackets pointing approx. 45 degrees across the road - thats where the units will be some day soon.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Rob

What was the bike running like?

I quite like those Yamaha XT660 Supermoto things they look cool.

I am saving up some wedge to buy a Husqvarana or Husaberg super moto bike a real big FU*K OFF one, secondhand on Ebay for about £1000 to £1500 !!! I will spray it a bright colour and must have loud can, totally politically uncorrect.

LOVELY

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same deal on the motorway on the way up, would get a little hiccup every now and again while sitting at 80+, and it would run rough for a few secs when I throttled back for traffic or whatever. Deffo needs the choke looking at and tweaking.

Other than that though, it was absolutely great around the twisties, loved it! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts