Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening folks,I'm finally back on two wheels with an RD02 Dominator...Will be subscribing next week when I'm back from my hol's...Just a quick question.I'll be changing the tyres with a new matched pair of Gripsters.Would you bother to balance them after fitting?
Thanks

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
Evening folks,I'm finally back on two wheels with an RD02 Dominator...Will be subscribing next week when I'm back from my hol's...Just a quick question.I'll be changing the tyres with a new matched pair of Gripsters.Would you bother to balance them after fitting?
Thanks
No. You're unlikely to need that on a bike that prefers to be kept under 70mph.

·
Motosport XL250 K1
141 Posts
That's what I thought but... Before I had a new front tyre fitted I tried taking both hands off the handle bars (at about 50mph) and the bike started to go into a weave. It wasn't a bad weave but was certainly increasing the longer I left my hands off. It easily came under control and I felt nothing when riding normally. I put it down to loose head bearings and was going to check them out. When I did I found nothing wrong. The other week I had a new front tyre fitted and the guy balanced the wheel as a matter of course. I tried the same test and the bike continued in a straight line with no hint of a weave. I have just had a new rear tyre fitted and he has balanced that as well. I run Avon Distenzias and the bike shop have a history of producing road racing track machines.

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply Mike...Wasn't sure if they would need doing due to the block tread deforming at speed.I know all big traily's can get a bit vague at speed but if a couple of quid spent on balancing could tone down the wobbles then I think I'll have it done
Thanks again
Simon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts