Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats it,

It's official,

I'm dropping out, Brakes are fecked. (I was trying to fix them until late last night, but I simply don't know what parts I need so will look at them again over weeekend without the panic of having to sort them quick)

Going to de-sticker the bike over weekend :(

Have a fantastic time everyone and ride safe.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good to see the event was a success again this year,
I've read the trip reports, post more, and more pics please..

Turns out it wasn't just the brakes that are fecked on my bike,
went to the docs today as I'm taking far more painkillers than I'm meant to as my backs playing up again,
Diagnosis is a slipped disk, off work for a least a week, tanked up on a large amount of prescription drugs.

It's been painfull enough for the last 10 days, can't imagine how bad I'd be if I'd done TLD......

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers GOG,

I'm sure I'll be fine an a few days or so,
Then I'll be able to sort the bike.

Really P'd off that it all had to happen now though, I've been looking forward to TLD for months....

Still, there's always next year!

When's the official vote for the route? I recon LEJOG would be best. (No ferries, Some of the best scenery I've ever seen up in Scotland, spend a couple of days getting home visiting distillieries) :cool::cool::cool:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Cheers GOG,

I'm sure I'll be fine an a few days or so,
Then I'll be able to sort the bike.

Really P'd off that it all had to happen now though, I've been looking forward to TLD for months....

Still, there's always next year!

When's the official vote for the route? I recon LEJOG would be best. (No ferries, Some of the best scenery I've ever seen up in Scotland, spend a couple of days getting home visiting distillieries) :cool::cool::cool:
The suggestions for next years ride are coming in, it will be down to a poll of the members, the feed back that I am getting from the riders this year is that JOGLE or LEJOG is too far for most in a day, unless you are an Iron Butt rider. The purpose of TLD is to attract as many riders as possible, XRV or non XRV, to raise as much money as possible for the chosen charity. If 10 people are in favour of JOGLE or LEJOG, but a 100 are in favour of a shorter but challenging route, which group is going to raise the most money ? Difficult isn't it ? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts