Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had another heart stopping moment this morning when my daughter rang me at about the time she should be getting to college.

First thought was she'd come of the bike and smashed her and it up.

It wasn't quite that bad thankfully, turns out she misjudged the entrance to the college car park and hit a concrete bollard with her foot. She managed to keep the bike upright and park up but when she got her boot off her foot is black and blue and rather swollen.

It turns out that nothing is broken and it's just badly bruised but I dread to think what it would have been like had she not been wearing decent boots.

So we're now both at home feeling like a right pair of invalids, her with her foot up and me with a crooked back :(

I've just got to go and recover the bike now as she's in no fit state to ride it hone.

·
The psych with the bike
225 Posts
Came accross one back in August. Some crazy Lady decided it would be fun to turn into her drive accross the path of a biker. Said biker glanced off the nearside of the car, unfortunately trapped his foot under the wheel arch.

As he was only wearing trainers the skin on the top and bottom of his foot were promptly removed.

Poor sod if he'd been wearing sturdy boots he'd have walked away, instead a perectly good pair of my trousers were ruined with Blood and snot.

Moral of this story, Nike trainers do not make good motorcycle footwear!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Ian,
I'm really glad to read that your daughter was wearing stout boots ! accessoried with proper biking gear.

I attended a lad this afternoon wearing only a helmet, vest tracksuit bottoms & trainers, no licence, no insurance, no tax & an attitude to match.

Scooter v innocent car driver, he was the most luckiest lad I've met, just abraisions, scratches & dented ego, I wasn't impressed & neither were the bobbies either.

Stationary lady driver was in bits shaking & very distressed of what could have happened as this young man was the sole culprit.

You can now watch the reruns of Bike racing or Jeremy Kyle together be safe be good

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Glad she's OK. Totally agree on good kit.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your comments guys,

The swellings gone down a lot already and she's hobbling round the house annoying everyone.........

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Thanks for your comments guys,

The swellings gone down a lot already and she's hobbling round the house annoying everyone.........

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
Glad she's OK Ian. Hope you both make a good recovery. And agree with all the comments on gear. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts