Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Pics of inner fairing now completed. Yes the speedo unit is off centre - its the only way i could get it to fit. All new brackets finished and mounted and fairing fixed in place.

A pic of bottom fairing fixings :

Lights On !

Next to finish is the seat where it joins (or doesn't at the moment) the tank. Then get ready for painting the fairing. Then nearly done. :lol:

·
What did I do that for...
468 Posts
That looks sweet, I really like the twin lights :thumbup:

How many fixing bolts are holding your front mudguard on ? ...I just bought a UFO plastic one and can only see two available bolts "down there" :p :lol:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thirtyfour2 said:
hi
you gotta be pleased with that m8 8) :wink:
Oh yesssssssss. :lol:

Its been a bloody tricky job to fit everything and still keep it looking half decent. Ive tried not to bodge anything - seat being the exception at the moment.

In the flesh its looking real nice. Once the paint is done and all main bits finished it will look much more how i want it - 'Paris-Dakar'.

Ive got some ideas for the tank, but i will let the pictures speak for themselves once i'm done.

This is the first time ive modded a bike quite this much, and i'm well pleased so far and learnt a hell of a lot - including how to weld - although i'm not that good yet. :lol:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott said:
That looks sweet, I really like the twin lights :thumbup:

How many fixing bolts are holding your front mudguard on ? ...I just bought a UFO plastic one and can only see two available bolts "down there" :p :lol:
Hi Scott, Thanks. There are only 2 bolts on the bike - you need to get 2 more the same size (M6) i think. You eill possibly also need some washers to space the mudguard down from the bottom yoke so it doesnt hit the bottom of your front fairing.

Unfortunately there is no guide for this so you have to try different things until it fits.

If i get a chance i will try and take some close up pics of mine for you tommorrow (been fitting new windows to my house today and tommorrow so a bit busy).

All the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts