Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before you class me as a "no nothing" newby remember that for the last ten years my motorcycles have been:
A: In line straight fours

B: Fuel injected

Now for the question:

Does everybodies Transalp backfire in a muted and not entirely unpleasant way on overrun and throttle closing? Mine does and SWMBO says I should ask you all if it's normal. The engine ticks over fine once warm and pulls like a train when I want it to, so the carbs can't be too far out.
I have told SWMBO it is perfectly normal, I even bravely raised my eyes and tutted to show her how certain I was!! So PLEASE tell me I am !!!

Tom

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Mine does have a slight popping like over run, I think it may have something to do with the PAIR system.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine used to do the occasional pop, but since putting on my custom can it now does it a little more than usual...;);)

So I would say... yes it is normal for the Alp to 'Pop' on overrun and closing the throttle after a good blast.... just tell SWMBO that it's 'Character', and get used to it...:D:D

Titch:thumb:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
No sadder than my smiling sometimes when I sit at a traffic light and listen to it burble (my tick-over is slower than most).

With a new silencer mine pops on the overrun less, but don't assume that means you need a new exhaust: mine would have got its MOT without and has been popping for over a year. :thumbleft:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Pop & bang Dude, Pop & Bang

You should hear a 600 Alp with a Laser ProDuro can fitted pop & bang on over run - it's brill :D :blob2: :D

Rolling down some tracks yesterday, trailing the throttle, the beaut was burbling away luverly, just waiting for the throttle to be cracked open on the bend.

Slide on dudes :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have to admit the engine noise and burbling and popping makes me smile. Does this make me a sad person?
No it makes you normal.
Just worry when you get a flame out the exhaust.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts