Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a rare spare few minutes this week so carried out a few checks and maintenance on the bikes.
Now, the new to me (well 11 months) Transalp is a 2001 on 52 reg and only just turned 14k all seems in good order with no horrors lurking.
I popped the sprocket cover off for a look-see, well bugger me backwards, some muppet has fitted the (JT) sprocket on the wrong way....
Despite the C&S having seemingly very little wear, the retaining plate had worn about 1/2 through, notching the ends of the splines with the side loading too, fortunately, the sprocket splines had worn slightly, not the shaft.

I wonder what state it would have been in after 20 or 30k if left?

Check 'em folks, branding & numbers to the outside ie visible

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Touche! Last year whilst riding back down to Lincolnshire from a rally at Haggs Bank my chain snapped in the outside lane on the A1when I was passing a load of cars. Luckily I managed to weave over to the hard shoulder without too much drama. When I eventually got the bike home and stripped down, 2008 700, I found the same had happened on my bike. At the time it had around 17-18 thousand miles on the clock.

Nick.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yep, me too,,,,,,,
when I bought my 600 the front sprocket was on the wrong way round,
didn't take long to discover it though,
makes a hell of a racket when the sprocket retaining washer wears away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts