Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • hello! i have a have a hinda cbf 125. does anyone know or is it possibale to tune it up and make it g faster??replys i would be greatful to:p

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It may be possible with a race kit fitted but it will cost, I think the 125's around now are built to not exceed a certain BHP.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Yes it is possible but costly. Big bore kit, head machining, different cam, custom fuel injection, lots of dyno time, different exhaust. After all that, you'll have a 200cc bike that's really highly strung, just waiting to explode and crap on fuel.

Why not just buy a bigger bike or an older classic 2-stroke 125?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
  • hello! i have a have a hinda cbf 125. does anyone know or is it possibale to tune it up and make it g faster??replys i would be greatful to:p
Spend your money on Ron Haslam trackday race school at Donnington park

They use a range of bikes - CBR125s and upwards. There was a test last year between Ron Haslam on a stock CBR125 against a trackday hooligan / MCN road tester on a trackday CBR600.

No prizes for guessing who was fastest. The 125 was quicker in the corners but slower on the straights but only about 2 seconds short on lap time

What it shows is the pedigree of training and how that can be translated into making your bike go faster, which in all essence is the fact that you are riding the same bike faster and safer

The best money you'll ever spend that will aid you on any bike you buy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts