Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, It's been a few months and I am really rubbish at posting pictures and updates, but last weekend I finally managed to put the bike "on it's own legs". Seminal moment that... Still to fill with Coolant and attach the tank to try to get running; as well as get the front brakes connected and plastics put on... but things are moving in the right direction... :)

xrv.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
And the obligatory boris Karloff moment.... "it lives! mwahahahaha" :)

Few small jobs to finish off, like back footpegs and need to buy a horn, and then I'll leave it until the spring for the MOT. Pretty much everything is as original. except an LED backlight, KOSO voltage thingy and a few stainless fasterens (Although I may take them out too).

A few rides around the garages to see if anythigs works itself loose and re-torque everything in the spring. The proverbial job should be a good 'un. :)

Apologies to the XRV massiff for being rubbish at posting pics and updates, but hey, dingy garage, mess everywhere and greasy hands...

Big thanks to @TheSheep (for being a good shepherd, in this instance :) ) and everyone else who supported me with advice and encouragement.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks just like mine !!! Well done for seeing the restoration through - a lot give up before the Glory ;)

Oh and have now fitted some panniers. Touratech frames, ARD Cases panniers.
Very pleased with the fit and look.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts