Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went round to SteveT's to coax him into a run today but he was busy dog-sitting!
Well, I decided to go it alone, no point in gettin all dressed up for nothing! I left Lhandbryde and headed up to Fogwatt via Clachmarris, across country to Dallas then on to Rafford. I then cut across via Dallas Dhu distillery on to the Dunphial road. Onwards over the Dava moor into the Cairngorm country park and into Grantown on Spey. I then headed down the Speyside road to Aberlour then home via Rothes to Elgin.
82.5 miles, some snow covered roads, yet again! Temps below zero well into minus figures. Steve, you missed a great run! Even if it did flake with snow on the Dava moor, it was fantastic, the Grantown to Aberlour road was a blur! The Ickle Beemer performed brilliantly as did the Dr Bike heated grips without which I couldn't have done this run.
Any way, I really enjoyed my day out, left the house at 12.45 and got home at 16.00! Damn, it was cold at times but falls into insignificance when you're having so much fun!

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Cold here too Jim. I was out with a few of the boys (and one girl) and headed down to the borders for a run. Loads of snow in the fields but all the roads were ice free. The carpark at the food stop in Selkirk was another matter. About 100 miles in all and I was glad to get home and warm up.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye Boris, there was some fresh snow on the roads up here, I wasn't too bad considering, stopped for the pics then moved on so no real rest and warm up in between, Should have had a coffee in Grantown,,, DOH!
Only issues I would say were cold feet and my face around my eyes. My hands were ok but lost feeling occasionally due to gripping the heated grips!
I think over 80 miles was plenty, over 100 and I would have been bitching! Still good to be out though mate.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Cold here too Jim. I was out with a few of the boys (and one girl) and headed down to the borders for a run. Loads of snow in the fields but all the roads were ice free. The carpark at the food stop in Selkirk was another matter. About 100 miles in all and I was glad to get home and warm up.
That would be the cafe at the garage then? You should have given me a shout and I would have come up and let you buy me a coffee. ;):D

Sunny here today, thinking of going out for a wee run in the cold. :confused:

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
That would be the cafe at the garage then? You should have given me a shout and I would have come up and let you buy me a coffee. ;):D

Sunny here today, thinking of going out for a wee run in the cold. :confused:

Andy.
Actually it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing that we went to Selkirk. We did go to the cafe at the garage but it was shut so ended up paying tourist prices at Baxters factory shop.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Actually it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing that we went to Selkirk. We did go to the cafe at the garage but it was shut so ended up paying tourist prices at Baxters factory shop.
Enough said, I have heard about the prices in there so have never been to try it.:(

Andy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts