Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been quietly worried that I may be going (as we say up here) DOO-LALLY !!

I have noticed that I am starting to forget things - people's names , and some major things like, forgetting to take the car in for a service - that I booked !!.

Anyway , yesterday I took another major step along the road to "OLDGITISM". Whilst at Avuss (my KTM dealership) to collect my bike from a service, I was paying with my debit card and YES , you guessed it - I could not remember the pin - 20 hrs later I can still not remember the pin , the same pin I have on all my cards and have been using for around 5 years - gone - the one that was easy to remember - can't remember - not a clue !!.

Just had to request 4 new pins from 2 banks this am.

On the positive side - while hunting through drawers trying to find a bit of paper with the offending number - couldn't find that either !!! I found two old HUKRC RWB stickers.

Anyone need a retro look HUKRC sticker in patriotic RWB ???

Yours for a healthy donation to the Altzeimers Association.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Who are you and why are you posting this here?:D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
My wife has a real odd pin number for one of our accounts.. when I asked how she arrived at it she said oh its dead easy to remember our aged and the kids...... ??

I pondered for a while and then said but its wrong !!!

ahh she said that was when I set the account up 7 years ago.. take 7 off the ages and thats it see simple.. :confused:

oh now its 8 I need to take off it.. yup it goes up each year!!!!!! :happy3:

Not mad... just married to a mad woman :thumbright:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
ah so thats where the smell of wee is coming from.......

L

·
0 Posts
I regret to inform the membership that Jack is no longer with us...he forgot his username/password to the forum so couldn't log in, the admins also forgot how to change his password and Jack then forgot how to use a computer altogether..

So what's-his-name will be missed....by everyone except us oldies who's forgotten about him altogether.......

Now can someone please tell me why I started this post ??

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
thought we were on about pin numbers...:)

ahh WEE Jack

ahh here's the cocoa :p

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Why do pins have numbers?
Is it so we put them in the right order?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Why do pins have numbers?
Is it so we put them in the right order?

you must be young,

:toothy9:

just looked at a pin.. cant see the numbers anywhere

where did I put my Glassess :angel9:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
you must be young,

:toothy9:

just looked at a pin.. cant see the numbers anywhere

where did I put my Glassess :angel9:
maybe they are printed in brail.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
It wasn't like this when I were a lad.

All this internet superhighway used to be fields, you know?:thumbup:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wasn't like this when I were a lad.

All this internet superhighway used to be fields, you know?:thumbup:
Don't mention the internet to me !!! confusing thingamebob that it is - I'm only in here because I googled "Zebra" and it took me to a motorbike site - it's broken I think - the information superhighway needs it's pot holes filled-in !!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The year I left school they had just got a computer it was only able to do graphs of log tables, it took up an entire building.
Now the Computer I am using is able to access the world and connect me with other cyber forces. I am finding it hard to keep up.
What was this thread about again?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Hi I have a question about carrotts bob. Is it too late or too early to plant them now and how do I gaurantee they will be straight? and do they come in any other colours?
Yours in advance
hilda.

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
I know how you feel Wee Jack,I was at a bike rally just outside Edinburgh in a cracking little village called West Calder and rode over the Forth Road Bridge and back again into Edinburgh for a bit of a run. The @ started to go onto the reserve so i stopped just off Princess street facing the Castle to go to a card cash machine ,Joined the queue and when it was my turn to use the machine i put the card in and could not remember the PIN Number . I went back to my bike and found a place to park got myself a coffee and bar of chocolate and sat racking my brains for around 40 minutes to try to remember the Pin Number .I headed back to the bike rally and around 8 hours later after a few beers it came back to me ,I had to borrow a pen from someone to write the number on a bit of paper and put it in the topbox .At this stage i had maybe 30 miles left in the tank and about 4 pounds to get me back to the ferry to Belfast so i was starting to panic a bit.Francis

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I had a similar problem in France,
Put card in to machine and type in the number as I always do, but no wrong number, try again, same result, now I had to change to another card which I could remember, when I got home the number came to me with no problem.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Being really security minded Ive sent meself a text message with the PINs cunningly disguised
Unlike some banks mine do not allow you to change the PIN so I have more to forget or mix up

and do you have a problem with coconut macaroons getting under your teeth

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
went on line to order some incontinence pads:confused::confused::confused:where am i:confused::confused::confused:

ah coffee i always remember coffee:coffee::coffee:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts