Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, folks, thanks for all the really helpful threads and posts about Transalp luggage; here's a question about exactly what I'll need to fit the Trax panniers to my XL700V.

So far, I've ordered the following from Motorbikes and Parts:

SW Motech Quicklock EVO removable pannier rack Honda XL700V 08-on
- Plate Type: Trax
- Make: Honda

Sw Motech TraX 45 Aluminium Pannier Left & Right

SW Motech Trax Lock set 3x

Now I've made the order, please tell me I've not missed anything that I need.

Thanks

J

G

·
OK, folks, thanks for all the really helpful threads and posts about Transalp luggage; here's a question about exactly what I'll need to fit the Trax panniers to my XL700V.

Thanks

J
You might want to consider getting a couple of Quicklock locks so some scroat with a screwdriver doesn't do off with your rack.

These 'ere lock thingys just near the reg plate http://www.xrv.org.uk/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/10206/ppuser/4255/sl/o
:thumb:

Doggy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Doggy. Will think about getting those as well. I've also ordered the top box.

Hello Sharribee, nice to see you around!

I've now got a 1200GS Adventure with all the panniers and Mrs J and I are touring Europe next year. Rather than use her Guzzi, she'll be using the Transalp as, with the right luggage for that too, it's a better bike for the purpose.

J

·
Registered
45 Posts
Blimey that works out at nearly £650. Not cheap these panniers are they ? See you arent far away from me. I am near Hull on the North bank

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just noticed you have bought a GS. What do you think of it so far ? Did you but from Astle ?

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Hello Jonothan you do seem to have missed one of the most important things with hard luggage I can only recommend but hopefully be backed up by a few here you definitely need.......
some forum stickers check the shop top right of your screen our good friends at rugged roads will sort that out
click here

and welcome to the madhouse

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just noticed you have bought a GS. What do you think of it so far ? Did you but from Astle ?
I had a 2006 GS up until two months ago, then I saw a brand new but preregistered 1200GS Adventure in the Astle showroom. The price was too good to pass up so I've traded up to the bigger bike.

So far? Brilliant! A really big bike but once it's rolling, it's surprisingly nimble. Weather protection, road presence and power train are streets ahead of the 1200GS which was a pretty amazing bike anyway.

I bought the Transalp for my son to use last summer but I have to say that I'm terribly fond of it. It does 90% of what the GSA does for less than 50% of the price.

J

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thanks

J
Have you got the panniers yet. I was seriously thinking of getting some. Have you got any pics with them on ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts