Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got the bike back from its MOT. Passed with another advisory, this time for the rear suspension lower bush having 1mm play.
I am beginning to wonder if the tester is just trying to get more work.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have just got the bike back from its MOT. Passed with another advisory, this time for the rear suspension lower bush having 1mm play.
I am beginning to wonder if the tester is just trying to get more work.
There's always that possibility, plus they have surely got to fault some vehicles otherwise it would'nt look good for them if they passed everything. At least its only an advisory and not a fail :thumbup:

Chris

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
That concern is why I take all my vehicles to a place in Deptford which only does MOTs. No work at all. They are expert because that's all they do, and they have no interest at all in failing the vehicle, particularly as they don't charge you for a failed test: you pay when you come back and pass.

Furthermore, when I took my trailie to them and the tester was not sure what the rules were on mirrors, rather than just telling me, he invited me to look at the guidance manual with him until we worked it out.

I don't like advertising on XRV but anyone who wants to know the details can ask me.

:thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
nothing wrong with telling all about a reputable testing station,,,,,kindly tell all dear boy:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts