·
Registered
2,556 Posts
No I have not :confused: but it's very pretty ................I WANT:mad:

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Yeah, seen it before.

Funny looking thing, but it's surprisingly expensive period, let alone for a Jawa. Here in Cloggistan it's priced at 8249 euro, which considering that the 650 Tenere is only 250 more is altogether ridiculous. (Or you could get the basic model wee strom for 250 less!)

And my usual gripe about "offroad" bikes applies, it seems a bit fragile for a bike calling itself "Dakar", nevermind the little front wheel with the biiiig stoppers not being very offroad oriented. ;-)

·
Do you have any cheese?
313 Posts
That has to be one of the ugliest bikes I have ever seen!!!! Is it some kind of chinese rip off?

:happy2:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That has to be one of the ugliest bikes I have ever seen!!!! Is it some kind of chinese rip off?

:happy2:
:cool:

Well according to the gen its a Yam motor with Italian suspension and brakes, and some electrical bits, must be what bumps the price up.

BIG D

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts

Well according to the gen its a Yam motor with Italian suspension and brakes, and some electrical bits, must be what bumps the price up.

BIG D

Parts bin special then, screwed together in Kazahkstan or somewhere
merv

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Jawa bikes used to be Iron curtain machines, They used to be bullet proof strokers. Think their part of MZ

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
What bout the visually stunning MZ saxon country?

Hmmmm! Finger-lickin' good!

Actually the specs don't look too bad if you wanted a light, economical DS bike for not too much money....

Not sure I'll trade in my TA just yet, mind...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jawa bikes used to be Iron curtain machines, They used to be bullet proof strokers. Think their part of MZ

Yes, Czech bikes I had one as a winter hack in the late 70's must admit it never gave any trouble just smoked the road out :iconbiggrin:.

BIG D

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
CZ, indeed.

Friend of mine has a 50something year old 175cc that's still going with minimal maintenance.

They look like fun if you don't expect performance. I could be tempted by a neat little MZ smoker for a winter hack, if I had space to put all the bikes that is... :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Here's a pic of an old MZ 150, I had one of these in 1980 as a hack it had the indicators fitted at the end of the handlebars.

BIG D

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
That something... 'special' then innit?

I kinda really like this one:

But then that is a rather elegant homebrew based on an old napalm bomb. ;-)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That something... 'special' then innit?

I kinda really like this one:

But then that is a rather elegant homebrew based on an old napalm bomb. ;-)
That looks like a flaming blast.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts