Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Am wanting to go green laning with my Bike, i live in Braintree,Essex and am unsure as to where to go. Am willing to meet up with anyone who knows where their going. I'm a novice and this is my first trail bike.

Cheers

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Hi all,
Am wanting to go green laning with my Bike, i live in Braintree,Essex and am unsure as to where to go. Am willing to meet up with anyone who knows where their going. I'm a novice and this is my first trail bike.

Cheers
You've a good few neighbours on this site, not only near Braintree, but in it too. What are you riding?

And welcome! :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i don't have a Honda unfortunately but a CCM. I'm looking for people to go riding with off road. Would like a honda eventually so please don't discriminate as i ride a CCM!

Who rides in braintree and when and where do i find out where they meet up etc??
Also can anyone tell me of any lanes i can use??

Many thanks:p

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Well i don't have a Honda unfortunately but a CCM. I'm looking for people to go riding with off road. Would like a honda eventually so please don't discriminate as i ride a CCM!

Who rides in braintree and when and where do i find out where they meet up etc??
Also can anyone tell me of any lanes i can use??

Many thanks:p
I'm in Braintree, but I'm bikeless at the moment, my DR350 is in pieces and my AT is due it's MOT today and couldn't cope with the sort of terrain your CCM could. If it passes I'm happy to show you the start and finish of the claggier lanes, or ride the drier ones with you. They're all on the OS map, just sometimes a little local knowledge makes them easier to find on the ground, especially at changes of direction in the middle of some of them.

Essex Bikers website has a little trail riding community at the moment, try registering there, also Essex TRF meet in Hatfield Peverall once a month, just up the road from Braintree.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I`m in Witham, and have ridden every green lane in Essex over the years, though not for some time. To be honest, they are absolute rubbish; none of them being very long or at all interesting as they are so flat. After all the rain we`ve had, they will be as claggy as hell, so not at all enjoyable. You would be better off sticking the bike in a van and heading off to Maidstone services and riding the trails round there, or Box Hill as there are lots of good ones in that area too. I`m afraid we live in the wrong county as regards off roading.

·
I can ride all day.
368 Posts
Go to essexbikers google it, then ask a mod to unlock the bike vid section for you, and there you will find a massive green lane thread, there's so many of us now, nearly every week some one is out. All levels and nice guys, see you on there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent, cheers chaps. Like i say i'm up for a ride out on the trails but would like to have a nose around braintree/dunmow area etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I`m in Witham, and have ridden every green lane in Essex over the years, though not for some time. To be honest, they are absolute rubbish; none of them being very long or at all interesting as they are so flat. After all the rain we`ve had, they will be as claggy as hell, so not at all enjoyable. You would be better off sticking the bike in a van and heading off to Maidstone services and riding the trails round there, or Box Hill as there are lots of good ones in that area too. I`m afraid we live in the wrong county as regards off roading.

Hi,
Is there a green lane just as you go into Black Notley that takes you up to Dagnets farm? Have you heard of this one? I think there is a TRO on it until the end of March. Can you point me in the direction of any others in the braintree area at all? Just want to get a feel for the bike off road to start with as it's a bit of a beast!

Cheers

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Hi,
Is there a green lane just as you go into Black Notley that takes you up to Dagnets farm? Have you heard of this one? I think there is a TRO on it until the end of March. Can you point me in the direction of any others in the braintree area at all? Just want to get a feel for the bike off road to start with as it's a bit of a beast!

Cheers
That lane is only TROd to cars, not bikes so you can use it at any time of the year. Take it steady down there, kids play on it from the housing estate built on the old hospital site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks for that, i did a multimap OS search last night and had a feeling that lane was there. If you get your bike up and running soon give me a nod and we'll have to meet up and go out for a blast.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you have any luck with finding decent Green Lanes to use? I've been searching but can't find any definitive routes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts