Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here thinking and was wondering ... dangerous I know but ...

Several different front ends have been used by various peeps here, CR250, KTM and so on, and they needed respringing etc.

What about a trumpet tiger front end? I doubt very much it would need anything other than to be set up and I would also suspect it weights the same, but there are loads about, decent quality and they take a 19" wheel which is still viable for off road use etc.

Thoughts of the XRV massive?

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your medication needs either upping or changing. :D

But I like your way of thinking. :thumbup:

Upping please, I'll add some haloperidol, flupentixol, diazepam, lorazepam and chlorpromazine ....... ommmmmmmmmmmmmm ...... :hippy2:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
and they needed respringing etc.

What about a trumpet tiger front end? I doubt very much it would need anything other than to be set up and I would also suspect it weights the same, but there are loads about, decent quality and they take a 19" wheel which is still viable for off road use etc.

Thoughts of the XRV massive?
I loved my tiger, but if there was one Criticism it would be the front suspension and on the triumph forums there's a lot of talk about stiffening it up

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
on the triumph forums there's a lot of talk about stiffening it up
Also quite a lot about the front forks. ;)

As a Tiger rider I do not think you would be any better off with the front end off one. If you want a 19" front just get one that fits as it would be less of a job than fitting the whole front end from a Tiger.

The standard front forks are OK for me but then I am an old fart that bumbles around at 40MPH! :(:D

Andy.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
the front forks on the 1050 were pretty good in fairness. well, mine didnt break anyway..........

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
the front forks on the 1050 were pretty good in fairness. well, mine didnt break anyway..........

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wasn't that the only part that did not break :D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts