Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking at replacing the plastic one on the 650, i know someone who welds aluminium and he said he could do one if he has a plan to work to. not being Norman foster,has anyone done this and would be willing share the plans (beer tokens available!)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can you give him the plastic one to design around? If this is reasonably priced, wouldn't mind getting one as well. May help with design costs?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You could scroll thru the Transalp photo thread for inspiration on a design. I made a cardboard pattern and threw it away after fabrication. My skid plate was designed for rock protection rather than falling over.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that was the next step if no one on the forum had done this. if no one pops up with a plan, i'll take it in next week and see what the cost would be

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Steve T made one for his Alp out of an old road sign, think he still has it on :thumbup:

I'm sure if you troll through his threads you'll come across it

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
The one I've made is for my 600 Alp. It just sits under the original plastic sump guard and acts as a hard skin under the engine. It has no side protection for the engine, just the sump.
More of a skid plate than a sump guard . . . . but it does work when pounded by largish rocks and when sliding over fallen logs :thumbup:.

Oh, and it does work in snow . . . . .as a sledge :D

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-reports-pictures/68057-nothing-see-just-some-snow.html

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you get any luck with getting a sump guard fabricated i would be very interested in getting one done as well.Please keep me informed.Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts