Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone fancied an off-road jaunt on the Monday as I'm free.
Over in Wales doing some trails, or perhaps Salisbury Plain?
Anyway let me know.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Love to Dave but off to Halkidiki for two weeks with the family. However I will have at least one day riding trails in the hills on a hired DT125R.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bah! Don't rub it in.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
mine's the worst excuse - I'm at cub camp. I've been volunteering since my son first went and now it's my daughter's first camp. Three days with homesick, eight-year olds in the peering rain. Oh joy of joys. Still, taking the @ so may be able to sneak off for a spin.

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
Simon said:
i would love to. How about you come over to ireland? :lol:
I might take you up on that later in the year Simon. I've been meaning to go over the water for while. Will you show me around / give me some pointers?

S

·
0 Posts
MacP said:
Simon said:
I might take you up on that later in the year Simon. I've been meaning to go over the water for while. Will you show me around / give me some pointers?
Yep that won't be a problem, and if i can't then i'm sure Phoenix will sort you out.

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
Simon said:
MacP said:
Simon said:
Yep that won't be a problem, and if i can't then i'm sure Phoenix will sort you out.
Nice one I'll be in touch!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Oh B****X
I've just agreed to go up Tryfan and the Glyders before i seen this, if it goes tits up i'll be in touch. :x

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
cabbage2404 said:
Oh B****X
I've just agreed to go up Tryfan and the Glyders before i seen this, if it goes tits up i'll be in touch. :x
Cool, have a great time careful not to fall off anything :shock: Little envious we will be walking in the beacons above the showcaves, gorgeous but no where near as spectacular as that scenery. Take piccs and post them pleeeeese

·
Registered
235 Posts
Got my crash bars but still no off road tyres, just cant bear to bin a perfectly good set of road tyres! Up for trying to wear them out Monday though? Anywhere really, long as its not mud as you have got to have the tyres. Not far away near Chippenham.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Update: Just had a text off me mate who i'm s'posed to be going up the Glyders with, seems he's got a bout of man flu (and we all know how bad that is !!).

So weather permitting i'll probably be free if you're heading in the Wales direction.
TW152's and crash bars not arrived yet so light trails perhaps.....

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok both.
So what tyres have you got on, as I did fancy a bit of off-road action?
Nothing too serious but some of the basic trails are probably still quite slippy with mud after all this rain.
Fancy heading over Wales way Peter to meet Cabbage or where you thinking more your way?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Didn`t have anything in mind really, anywhere but if its a muddy ride i shall probobly have to get out and take a bit of rubber off mine so i can get a new set soon. Tools for the job and all that. Presently a set of pure road tyres couldnt tell you what they are they were on it when i got it but will put on a set of dual purpose ones next to give myself the option of a bit more fun. Just too tight to do it untill they are worne out !

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Trailmax on the front and TW152 on the rear, they're no TKC80's, but they'll do as long as it's not too bad.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok how about we meet up at one of the layby's before Chepstow?
Say 10am and then have an amble around one of the forest trails I did with Dee Duble Yuh the other week?

·
Registered
235 Posts
What sort of ground will these trails be ? Is it the forest of Dean ? been meaning to have a jaunt there for a long time .

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sounds good to me big fella, just name the definite meeting place and i'll see you there. :D

Let's hope the weather gives us a break eh :?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts