Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm busy trying to rebuild the bike after changing the clutch but on assembly I noticed there seems to be quite a lot of movement between the clutch housing and the housing guide.

The Haynes book gives a service limit for the housing guide and mine is well within limits. It only gives an internal diameter of the clutch housing itself for the 600 but not the 650 or AT.

Can someone have a look at the Honda book and see if it quotes a figure?

Please??

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I'm busy trying to rebuild the bike after changing the clutch but on assembly I noticed there seems to be quite a lot of movement between the clutch housing and the housing guide.

The Haynes book gives a service limit for the housing guide and mine is well within limits. It only gives an internal diameter of the clutch housing itself for the 600 but not the 650 or AT.

Can someone have a look at the Honda book and see if it quotes a figure?

Please??

Doesn't the clutch housing sit on the oil pump sprocket? The diameter and service limit for the sprocket are given in the Haynes manual.

Oh, and the service limit given for the sprocket in the Honda manual is wrong - given as 30.15 mm where it should be 32.15 mm (I think). The given ID size of the sprocket 30.15 mm is smaller that the given OD size of the Clutch Outer Guide, which is 31.92 mm! ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clutch basket itself sits on a collar over the top of the gearbox input shaft. The oil pump drive sprocket sits on the same collar the Haynes refers to as "Clutch Housing guide"

A measurement for the internal (input shaft surface) and external diameter (clutch basket and oil pump drive surface) is given.

On the 600 its listed as "Clutch Housing internal diameter" but the same thing isn't listed on either the AT or the 650.

The only thing I can think of is that the 600 does not have a pressure feed to the bearing surface unlike the 650 which means that the slack is supposed to be taken up by the pressurised film of oil. Running a bit like a turbo bearing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There wasn't any nasty noises when it was together so in the absence of any information that suggests something is wrong I'll crack on and put it back together.

If something looks incorrect I like to check it out first, no point wasting time putting things back together only to take apart again later, or worse for it to fail.

Cheers for looking anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts