Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a set of Midland BT2's for intercom use as well as Bluetooth AD2P connection for the iPhone.

Music is spot on - as is intercom - but the sound from the SatNav nearly deafened me/blew the speakers as it was that loud.

Havent had a chance to play about with settings fully yet but wondered how you pair the iPhone - you can connect a SatNav/Phone to the Phone button and an iPod to the Intercom button (for reasons of priority they use different buttons when pairing).

Since the iPhone does all 3 (SatNav, Phone and iPod) - do I need to connect it twice as in both Phone and iPod priorities?

Will post a review once I get them going. Sounds good, as are the speakers which I didnt expect. Buttons are fiddly in use on the bike - choice of 3 makes it more difficult, prefered the Cardo units layout as it was a lot simpler in use - obviously the intercom is the big difference but the Cardo still has just 2 buttons with intercom, just didnt have AD2P until the £400 units.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
'Music is spot on - as is intercom - but the sound from the SatNav nearly deafened me/blew the speakers as it was that loud.'

This issue is now sorted - for some reason the auto noise adjustment was turning the volume up too much, thinking the loud music was road noise - also the cutting out was due to the sensitivity of the Vox kicking in for the intercom which has priority over all other uses - switched it off completely - dont use Vox, its useless at speed.

Next up, why cant i use the controls for the iPod and why cant I control the phones functions including its own Voice Control?

Dont imagine making outgoing calls or the phone in general but its pretty useless at this.

Also - When using a SatNav App, the sound doesnt come over until you activate the iPod first then switch it off within the App. Works, but not as it should.

I think the Midlands are pretty much confused by the iPhone in general. Lots of italian forum posts which when translated pretty much seem negative also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts