Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been sniffing around for a new lid, the usual big names are just too much, so fancied one of these. Has anyone got one / tried one?
The Shoei / Arai Tour X lids are massive cash - this seems a little too good for £70? Read some reviews on-line seems good but wondering if anyone has first hand (or head) experience?

Its a Spada Sting in the UK.

SPADA Motorcycle Helmets and Clothing | Sting

·
Registered
942 Posts
i'm in a similar boat , could do with a new lid but trying to keep it around the hundred quid mark,
ive got the spada on my shortlist,
a few others that have made the shortlist ,
nitro mx630
acerbis active
airoh s4
if anyone has any good reasons why not to go with any of those then please don't keep it to yourself

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tricky as there seems to be a lot of cheaper lids on the market, not many I have heard reviews from. I did see a post on the UKGSer forum, a user was saying this STING was a great lid and compared it to his X Tour, so that's a good indication, I think. That Nitro looks good too, hopefully a XRV member will post comments soon :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive decided to just get one of these Spada Stings. Fortunately Custom lids is just a few miles away so I called in to try one one. The fit is excellent, and the ratchet system (rather than DD) seems very secure. Only downside is the rubber anti-fog breath director-thing, it touches my nose ! ( this does remove). Mind you, if you dont have a big nose you'll be fine lol !!! The 2013 Spada Stings seem to have the ratchet strap and a Gold ACU sticker on the back, I am lead to believe the 2012 models don't. If buying off Ebay, try to get the 2013 version. They retail for about £90, but Custom Lids have an offer on this lid in white, gloss black or mat black, at £75. If you are interested, I would call them for a mail-order purchase. (that's if you are still wanting one). Buikld quality seems good to me, as good as any AGV I have had but I am not able to compare to the big boys like Arai or Shoei, never had one.

I cant comment on riding as my Alp is in bits and not taxed or insured as yet :)

Hope this helps ?

D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts

·
mud muppet
162 Posts
i got one over a year ago and its been a belting helmet when i get a new helmet i am 100% getting the same one. it is still the same perfect fit as the day i got it probably the best value for money i have ever had

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts